Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

just comming back to IWD 2 after another long stint on BG 1 & 2.
Decided to make use of the drow race this time, when i first played it i didnt use it because it was seemingly too powerful, but this time i want ot make a powergaming party, but also follow a few guidelines:

i want to have my main tank as a drow
i dont want halflings, because they piss me off, so do gnomes.
ill have a sorceror
i want a half orc something OR a paladin of helm, multi to fighter
i want a cleric of talos
i want to have an archer of some sort
i guess i need a rouge for lock picking and finding traps and such.

Suggestions for races and where applicable classes (and feats if you want to) would be appreciated.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:04 AM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

All righty then:

Tank- Drow fighter/paladinofhelm (50/50)
Drow or Aasimir sorcerer
Human fighter4/cleric of Talos (Lathander is recomended)
Rogue- (For your rogue, I have found that probably the best rogue to fit into a party is my favorite class, the Drow ranger1/paladin2/rogue1/mageX. This allows you to have all the rogue skill you need forever without taking up a character slot in your party.)
Archer- if the above classes dont work for an archer, then make a monk with weapon focus in bows. You get a speedy sniper who can tank and be spell fodder.

This leaves you with a decent tank, a potent sorcerer, an evil cleric, a powerful rogue/mage that can fight reasonably with dual daggers, and a monk. That's five classes, so if you need a sixth man then take another cleric or a barbarian, or maybe another paladin.

Other powergaming parties created by me [blatantselfadvertising]:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=23;t=001657
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=23;t=001632
[/blatantselfadvertising]

Have fun, and good luck on your return trip to the Dale!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

thanks
why do you recomoend lathander over talos?

like the drown paladin fighter mix
would a elf rouge 2/ranger x with long bows be good for my archer?
like the human fighter 4 cleric x mix.
prob use the aimiser sorceror, maybe a drow paladin/sorceror 50/50
dunno about the last spot
maybe a half orc (not barbarian) straight class - uber tank
Old 05-22-2005, 01:39 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Lathander, IMHO, has better domain spells than Talos. The elf idea would be good, but would suffer xp penalties for not being elf favored classes, so maybe a half elf would be better. Go with a straight sorcerer, 50/50 doesn't work for casters very well since you wont get level 9 spells. And trust me, a drow beats a half orc at tanking any day
Old 05-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

maybe the half elf sounds good then. and a straight drow fighter. question, what wepon preoficciecies should i use for my charicters then?
Old 05-23-2005, 05:40 AM   #6
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

No, the Drow would be a 50/50 paladin/fighter, or possibly a 33/33/33 paladin/fighter/ranger. Use either dual longswords or greataxes.
The sorcerer can use staves
The cleric should use greatswords or greataxes
The archer should use bows and a melee weapon
If you use that rogue/paladin/ranger/mage class, then dual wield daggers. If not, just use one dagger.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

im actually suggesting haveing another drow as a straight fighter, for big destruction. probaby use two handed swords. is the holy avenger two handed?
Old 05-25-2005, 04:47 AM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Nope, it's a Longsword. But, you can make it two-handed by using Ease of Use. Becomes Mucho powerfull then. Especially if you have two Pallys
Old 05-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #9
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

what proficciencies shoul i use for my fighter, if a have my paladin using longsword and shield, my cleric/fighter using axe and sheild. i want to be able to use a good weapon that i can get reasonably early and then find heaps better ones later.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:28 PM   #10
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Greataxes and greatswords sound like a GREAT choice for you (dang that pun sucks)