Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-10-2003, 06:05 PM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

Well, SixofSpades is going to let me hear it about this one. He posted about how buggy the Jaheira romance is, and I replied that I never had a problem with it. Well, now I have...

I recently installed the flirtpacks, and am trying to play through Jaheira's romance, but I am stuck. I have gotten her the locket, did the curse quest, and did the Harper quest, but now I have been trying to sleep outside all over the place, and cannot get the bandits to appear. Has this been removed from the romance with the flirtpack? Or does it have to wait for a certain lovetalk (or be done in a certain order) for it to work? Any way to trigger the bandit encounter? I've slept in the Umar Hills, Druid Grove, and Nalia's Keep (after the quest and I am not a warrior type). Feel free to spoil, as I have played through the romance before without the flirtpack (without any bugs, surprisingly).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:27 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

What was your last lovetalk? Have you had any lovetalks at all since the battle with Galvarey?
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
What was your last lovetalk? Have you had any lovetalks at all since the battle with Galvarey?
This is before that battle. I need the bandits to appear (and go through the "give myself for her" speel) before she is summoned away on "Harper business". That's what leads to the battle with Galvarey. I have the following variables for the romance/flirts:

BERNARDTALKEDTOJAHEIRA=1
CHECKJAHEIRAMATCH=1
FWJAHEIRAFLIRT=34
FWJAHEIRASTARTFLIRTSOA=0
HARPERJOB=3
JAHABOAM=1
JAHEIRACURSED=10
JAHEIRAMATCH=1
JAHEIRARELEASED=1
JAHEIRAROMANCE=936407
JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE=1
PLOYERMAGES=3

Don't know if I need to reset/change any of those. Getting sick of sleeping out in BFE waiting for bandits to show up. I am in Chapter 3 still, and am getting sick of hitting pause, going to watch TV, then come back for the next talk (then saving and trying to sleep to see if the bandits show up).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 08-11-2003, 12:24 AM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Never mind, I finally got the bandits to trigger. I was at the required love talk = 25, and was sleeping outdoors. However, I just had to sit there paused for another two hours or so and then sleep for it to finally happen. We'll see what happens from here on out.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:41 PM   #5
masteraleph
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
Never mind, I finally got the bandits to trigger. I was at the required love talk = 25, and was sleeping outdoors. However, I just had to sit there paused for another two hours or so and then sleep for it to finally happen. We'll see what happens from here on out.
Ahhh yeah. Jaheira's romance is REAL TIME based (not game time). This means that the romance advances based on the amount of time you spend in game. Best bets to get it to advance- either cheat to move it ahead (there's a variable there with obscenely high numbers; reset it to 1 after each romance event), or leave the game on pause whenever you're not playing.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 03:53 AM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

you know that you can use the CLUAconsole to skip to the next lovetalk?
Old 08-13-2003, 04:10 AM   #7
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

And how's that done??
Old 08-13-2003, 06:18 AM   #8
Faceman
Hathor

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JAHEIRAROMANCE","GLOBAL","1")

where JAHEIRA can be substituted for your actual love interest (AERIE, VICONIA, ANOMEN)

This sets the real-time timer to zero making the next romance dialogue appear ASAP = if all requirements (like being outside or trying to rest or ...) are met.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:24 AM   #9
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Hey!! And I was banging my head against a wall trying to figure out the numbers at which the lovetalks are triggered... But I was always increasing the number, not decreasing it [img]smile.gif[/img] Who could thing of a countdown timer??
Old 08-13-2003, 07:35 PM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

My answer to Jaheira romance in ToB forum

In both the Aerie and Viconia romances, there is very little event driven stuff; most of it is based on the timer. However, Jaheira involves doing the right things at the right times, like my hints in that thread stated. No wonder it has so many bugs!