Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 07-05-2000, 01:06 AM   #1
Slinky

I went through the whole cave in the top right, even behind the big locked door. Call me an idiot but there was nothing in the yeti cave resembling a priestess like the map says. The only things I saw in the yeti cave besides the monsters, were 4 locked boxes which I cleaned out and a tent that says "This tent is roughly constructed, someone other than a yeti must live in this cave, blah blah". I've killed everything in that area and everyting in each cave. I have numerous keys and some holy symbol of myrkul. Please tell me I'm overlooking something obvious.
Old 07-05-2000, 11:35 AM   #2
DailyRich

You have to keep going in the big crypt until you talk to someone pretty important. There's a door off to the right after you kill the priest of Myrkul that's pretty easy to miss -- I did the first time. It's at an angle that makes it look like there's nothing there, but if you move the cursor over it, you can see you can move there. This leads down a few winding corridors that takes you to another door that leads you to the area you need to go to. LOTS of tough undead, so be careful.
Old 07-05-2000, 11:56 AM   #3
Yeti

We cleared map in vale - can't find priestess, cannot get into main crypt because locked (no keys, items/magic work!), generally stuck!! Help, please walk us through this!!
Old 07-05-2000, 02:42 PM   #4
DailyRich

In the Vale, make sure you check EVERYTHING for items. The keys you need are there, you just have to find them. Some are in chests or on shelves, some are carried by monsters, and you can't get to the end without all the keys.
Old 07-06-2000, 02:51 PM   #5
Wretched

There are alot of crypts and stuff that are in really dark places, so it's easy to miss many of them. Once you've explored the whole floor (i.e. removed the fog of war), just leave your party somewhere and cruise over the darker areas with your mouse.. you're sure to see some places light up, which will be where you can find some goodies.

Once you've gotten into the big triangular room with three pillars, you'll see some gears on the wall, on either side of a massive door which doesn't highlight when you put your mouse on it (making it difficult to tell if it's actually a door, but trust me it is). On the pillar closest to where you first entered the room (and furthest from the gears) there will be a switch on the side of the pillar facing the gears. Toggle it, the door opens, and you go on in to meet the head Undead.

He tells you to waste an ice priestess, who can be found in the cave below the big kneeling statue on the main Vale map. You might remember seeing the tents in one cave that were "obviously not constructed by yetis".. well, that's her, and she'll be there after you've talked to the undead guy. After that, the rest is cake!