Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 06:08 PM   #1
Spirits forever

This is the newest enhancement/ addition to A.R.T.S, it's for everyone in IW, if you've got art, show em off, get critique and comments!
This is not the same function as the art section, here there will be few arts per week, and then every one will have a discussion on it, it's good points, bad points, how it can be better, the context, basically anything about the art.

Few rules, first,

1. Images that you want to have discussions will be sent to in the form of PM, first any arts memeber.(preferably Me, since i can update quicker and it'll be easier on the rest, Still you have the choice to ask any other ones)
2. They will the pn decide, either tout it in discussion after checking it.
3. All PICTURES THAT ARE CURRENTLY BEING DISCUSSED WILL BE IN THE FIRST POST
4. The Picture that the discussion is being held on will be in thumbnail view, while the past pictures will have their link in the first post, under the section,
Recent D.P (discussion pictures)
5.Flaming/ bashing will not be tolorated.
6.If your picture doesn't get chosen, don't quit, it's likely that it'll be the next in line.
7. depending on the picture/ and the number of pictures waiting, the Discussion time will change.
8. Constructive Comments and Critique are apreciated, and think of how hard the artist worked on it, and give them a comment that's worth somthing.

So now, Start sending those discussion requests , and we will begin discussion AS soon as possible.

[ 10-13-2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Spirits forever ]

Old 10-13-2004, 06:19 PM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I dont mean to derail the topic, or anything, but I think you forgot to close your font tags. Also, anyone can take part in this, correct?

Edit: Lol, you must have noticed the tags the same time I did, so nevermind! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-13-2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Dron_Cah ]
Old 10-13-2004, 06:26 PM   #3
Spirits forever

yes anyone can take part on this, but as i said, instead of putting anything and everything for discussion, the picture will be chosen by the A.R.T.S memeber you PM

For example, you Pm Me a link to a drawing u did, then i'll take a look at it, and if i see potential, or sotmhing worth discussing about it, i all accept it, and it will be put to discussion. however if i don't like it, or somthing needs improving, i (or the arts memeber) will send you a pm letting u know how to improve it, and ur chances for discussion,
get it

well right now it's still little sketchy, so there may be flaws but we are hoping to fix those. but first we need to know what they are ^_^

Old 10-14-2004, 08:19 AM   #4
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

ummm...this is exactly like the arts section of iw, except controled by you. why, tell me, why should i send you my artwork to be approved for everyone else to see? if i am particularly proud of soemthign and want others to notice i would just have to post as my usual self and include a link about somehting i want others to check out. without going through a middle to tell me if it's worthy. we are our own worst judges, if we don't feel others should see it then it shouldn't be seen, but if we love it, then it is wonderfula nd should be seen by all.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well I figure that anyone that would want to discuss my work would have gone to the arts section and taken a look at some of my work, although I do understand that this forum has MUCH more traffic than the arts section.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:16 AM   #6
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
ummm...this is exactly like the arts section of iw, except controled by you. why, tell me, why should i send you my artwork to be approved for everyone else to see? if i am particularly proud of soemthign and want others to notice i would just have to post as my usual self and include a link about somehting i want others to check out. without going through a middle to tell me if it's worthy. we are our own worst judges, if we don't feel others should see it then it shouldn't be seen, but if we love it, then it is wonderfula nd should be seen by all.
You should keep in mind that very few Ironworks members visit the Arts section. This topic might actually make more people be interested in drawing art.

The idea of sending a drawn image to Spirits to see whether it's suitable or not sounds good to me. It eliminates the chance of people sending joking images which have no real point at all.

Anyway, I hope to see some artwork soon. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I might also try to participate with some picture soon.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:26 AM   #7
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

art is art, whether it jokes around or not. if i want people to see my watercolor of a punk dog in a leather jacket i will post it. yeht his may get more traffic but considering the thread was almost dead when i replied to point out it's flaws i don't think it's going to get that much attention. might as well just start a poll asking who knows about the art section of iw to get more attention to it.

also, why does art need a point? maybe i am overreacting, but even the time when stormy started a poetry thread she didn't demand that she pre-approve everything. it just makes it feel like "teacher" has to grade it before it can be in teh school art fair. screw that. i graduated highschool, and still know more about art than my teacher.

[ 10-14-2004, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]
Old 10-14-2004, 09:27 AM   #8
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Just a quick question...Do you want completed pictures?? I just posted two uncomplete pictures in the arts forum, and critisism would be good, but if you want completed pics there are some there aswell. Check them out and see if you like them.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:38 AM   #9
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
art is art, whether it jokes around or not. if i want people to see my watercolor of a punk dog in a leather jacket i will post it.
I'm not saying that humorous pictures aren't artistc, I'm saying that if there weren't anyone to check the images, there would be people who'd send pictures into which they haven't dedicated any real work.

I'm not a member of A.R.T.S but if it'd be up to me, I'd allow that water-coloured punk dog in a leather jacket, provided that a good amount of work is dedicated into it.

Actually, maybe it's Spirits who should answer your questions regarding this thread, since this is idea.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:14 PM   #10
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

IMHO Bad idea... OK, I draw something, and I give it to spirits to say if I can put it up or not. He says no. And what in the world is supposed to prevent me from putting it up for the IW world to see? Face it, if I want to make my art seeable by other people, why would I ask anyone on the first hand(provided it's suitable for the board)? Now, if a mod were to be the inspector, to full-proof the system from unfitting images, that's a whole other story, and that story is true. There's no point, logic, means or use for that here.