Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2001, 06:36 AM   #1
Derrus2002
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's my idea of a baldurs gate3: it's set 20 years after you become a god in bg2tob.people still talk of the days the earth ran red with the bhaalspawn & how one rose up and became the new god of murder.You play a 20 something year old that was saved by the new god of murder while he was roaming Faurun in search of his godhood.since that day you became fascinated by him and idalised him. But something went wrong Cyric has done something to the new god of murder. And it's your quest to find out what happend because without the god of murder to sway the balance chaos has broken loose and is waging war alongside Cyric on all of the planes. It's up to you to find the companions of old that traveled with the bhaalspawn and ask their help to find the God of murder. Through this you travel through all the planes exploring the planes and meeting characters that were in the other games. And so it goes on. Anyones welcome to add ideas up to this to see if we can make our own story of BG3
Old 11-19-2001, 07:24 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

What if I declined to become the new God of Murder?
Old 11-19-2001, 08:26 AM   #3
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Not a bad idea, sounds a little bit like a crossover between Planescape and the BG series. But Bioware should incorporate the 3rd Edition D&D rules, because they are much cooler !
Old 11-19-2001, 08:50 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

how about being one of the slave children from the slaver stockade? or one of the idiot teenagers from innesvale? what other kids are there that you save? the bloke from the bottom on durlags tower? nah, to old. oh well theres plenty of kids in saradush. didnt save most of those tho. must be a few in suldenalessar as well.

would cespenar be in this new game? he better be. nobody makes stuff as good as he does.

how exactly do you do planar travel in infinity. the world map only covers 2 dimensions. (i know that you go to other planes in BG2, but there is no mechaism to control it.) youd ned to use something like planar door.hey, cespenar could fit in here quite nicely, that bloody solar as well.

but all if these question fade into insignificance compared to - will ther be dragons?
Old 11-19-2001, 08:55 PM   #5
magnetism
Manshoon

Ummm, you could use the planar sphere to travel through the planes, or you could use the many gates that exist in the known multiverse of AD&D Forgotten realms.
Old 11-19-2001, 08:58 PM   #6
magnetism
Manshoon

A plane is 2d, changing planes , in relation to the game is just like
walking from the docks to the graveyard.
Old 11-19-2001, 09:13 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

It seems like a good idea, hopefully, black isle will think of something soon, cuz i need a new game, fast! Although Wizardry 8 is doing pretty good for me...
Old 11-20-2001, 03:52 PM   #8
Silk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Saervok and Irenicus join in hell and unleash the gates. You and your fabled party and the now fully grown boo and minsc must go to a new continent to contain them and seal hell back and to seperate the coalision between your brothers, or whoever Irenicus is!!! (Not finished it yet!)....

Giant Space Hamsters will rule the world.......Boo For Prime Minister!!!
Old 11-20-2001, 11:09 PM   #9
ThE_LoKi_MaN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hate to rain on your guy's parade, but blackisle said TOB was the last Baldur's Gate game.
Old 11-20-2001, 11:12 PM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

We all no that, (no offense if taken), but were just jokin. Though i heard they are makin a new BG based on (SPOILER FROM TOB) the child you have(END OF SPOILER) THough the sarevok and Irenicus thing isn't the greatest cuz in ToB, (SPOILER BOUT SAREVOK) joins you, and you can get him to a good alignment(END OF SPOILER) anyway, going to a new continent is what I'd like to see.