Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

While this is the second thread, there have been a number of rounds of questions. And since Pop 'N Fresh's question seems to be unlimited, while that finishes up in the other thread I thought I'd offer up a new question.

Specifically, how many accessible hidden areas are there in the game? And as a follow-on question, in which areas is there something useful? "Useful" means a critter, a treasure, or something else.

As before, try not to spoil for anyone else.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hmmmm I may want a clarification for what you consider "hidden".

There is a chest in a hidden alcove under the water under the bridges in the bridge puzzle are of Skull Castle.

There are many areas that are difficult to get to but I wouldn't call them "hidden".
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

1. Many. 2. AFAIK none [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I can remember 3 hidden areas in the Crypt, 1 hidden (or, rather, seemingly unaccessible) area at the Oracles, 5 hidden areas in the Serpent Temple (including the Statue of Kerah), 1 hidden chest in the Skull Castle, 2 hidden area in the Shrine of Anephas (including the "shortcut" from the first floor to the lowest floor) and 2 hidden chests in the Pyramid. Only the chests in the Pyramid contain something useful: one of them is an "almost always an artifact" chest and the second contains the last Tome of Wisdom.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay, let me clarify a bit. I'm not talking about secret-door hidden. I'm talking about places that the developers didn't think you would get to, but because so many of us have played so many times, we've gotten bored and explored. So places like the area behind the Oracles counts, while the Kerah statue room in the Serpent Temple doesn't.

I can think of four areas, including the spot behind the Oracles. One of them contains something really useful, and another contains something integral to the game, but not particularly useful by itself.

The follow-on question will be how many secret rooms, etc. there are... and where [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 02-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

So would the top of the Serpent Temple / Skull castle / city gates all qualify as "hidden" ??
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:24 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Boy... I need to figure out how to ask better questions!

Yes, they'd count. And that now raises my own number to... seven. Interesting... I've never gotten to the top of either the Serpent Temple or Skull Castle, but thinking about it, I see that I could...
-+-+-+
Old 02-28-2005, 03:51 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Apart from the ones I have mapped and the ones already mentioned in this thread, I can think of the belfry, the balcony over the entrance hall in Shurugeon Castle, and the treasure chamber beneath the Gypsies' house.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:42 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There is still one more that hasn't been listed yet... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 03-01-2005, 05:32 AM   #9
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

The top of every single tree section??

and would the last 1 be the top of Dragon spire
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:36 AM   #10
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

No wait i know it!

Although i haven't seen it somewhere ( i think it was the Missy adventures ( cool! ) ) i read
that theres a secret chamber with Anephas
that u can vanish through near teh Monkey Chute.

Am i right?
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote