Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-27-2001, 09:48 AM   #1
Zbyszek

I just wanted to start BG2 and import my PC from BG1 - Half Elf warrior/mage (19,19,19,17,10,9- after tomes)-nice guy. Currently I am looking forward some advice: keep him or create new guy? I have read some voices about best char (warrior duelled to sth) etc. I wander if there are any restrictions (except of slower leveling) for two-class characters? Will experience gap affect my mages abilities?

I have heard that it is possible to make two strongholds having warrior duelled to mage. Could it be possible also with two-class PC?
I took some preliminary route in BG2 to examine NPC's and have seen that Valygar has no cleric spells at lv 8 (Minsc has 1). If I have to choose between Minsc and Valygar whom would you advice?
Thanks

Zbyszek
Old 08-27-2001, 09:57 AM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

If it was me I would keep the pc you have. Since you have worked so hard getting those stats up there. I do not think you will be-able to get to stronghold I think it is either one or the other. As far as the exp. cap your charcter still will get to high enough levels to gain awsome power casting ablities. And then when you play TOB you will even have a higher cap to work with.
You must keep minsc and boo
Old 08-27-2001, 11:03 AM   #3
Aurum
Manshoon

None, with the exp. that gain will have + strength and power, the incovenient is that dual is middle (F 10*lv-- multi F 5*lv, M 2*lv, C 4*lv, etc.).

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 08-27-2001, 11:48 AM   #4
Legolas the Elven Archer

Use your current character since you've gone through all that trouble, forget about the "best character" discussions since the game is fun with each and every one, and always take Minsc (Buy one get Boo free) since he's loads more fun. You may want to include Valygar for a while to do the planar sphere quest (mage's stronghold) but you can dump him after that.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 08-27-2001, 12:47 PM   #5
Sothorious
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Always, I mean always, take Minsc... He can fill the tank role anytime... Also, you can take any character type and make it through the game... The right combination of NPC's are the key...
Old 08-27-2001, 05:02 PM   #6
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Minsc is wayyy to much fun to not have in your party hehe. Really I feel the same way about Jan too, but Minsc has a special place in my heart since he was with me in BG I as well.
If you are looking just to have fun your fighter/mage from BG I should work just fine. If you are looking for the best combination for your char then you might be a bit sad as you approach the end of the game and cannot cast the highest level spells. Still it would be a versitile character. For pure power though dual class beats out multi class in my opinion.