Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-21-2001, 07:56 PM   #1
Eloria

How in the world do you kill the 3 beholders in the Rift Dungeon? I have tried just about everything and still half my party dies with hardly any injury to them. Someone please help the poor new person on the block!!

Old 06-22-2001, 12:47 AM   #2
Coldblade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my favorite strategery is to hold off doing that quest untill i have the cloak of mirroring, then i just put it on my strongest char and let him wazz up to the beholders and they usually kill theirself with their own spells i belive it refects all deaths spells to, the cloak of mirror i belive refect all offensive spells which is nearly 99% of what beholders do, including the burtual elders, they might take a bit but they will fall to their own spells
Old 06-22-2001, 01:22 AM   #3
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I almost always do this at the beg. of the game w/out the extras

spoiler

the extras:

w/ money early on (and bonus cd merchant file) go to Ribald's and there is an extra merchant upstairs - purchase the shield of Baldur

latter in the game - use cloak of mirrors (in the fish-city)

the hard way w/ out the extras:

place char. around the beholders if possible (always keep out of their line-of-site)
from opposing char. positions throw Web to stick them in place
then throw as many area effect spells as possible, paticularly Fireball