Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2003, 02:39 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Okay, I meant to get it this summer, but still waiting for the price to drop a bit (I know I am cheap).

I've been working on a whole knew campaign for each race (5 scenarios each) called "Chronicles". It pretty much has new monsters, heroes, buildings, you get the point (I've even made a new race from the humans called The Blades). I've went into detail, making triggers and such. But when i get the expansion, with the new editor, will all my work be for naught? Seriously, will it screw up my thing or not, and what changes are there, cuz I want to fool around with technologies.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Well, seeing I'm probably the only one here with Frozen Throne, heres the things you gotta look out for.

All scripts work fine as far a I'm conserned, but if you made units like the catapult unbuildable you going to have to redo that since all mechanical seige (Exept Meatwagons) was re skined. (Some for the better) which is pretty much it.

I'm also making a new map called The War For Ironworks... Which Trolls invade the forums were I've screwed around with the Ability/Spell Editor
, its quite easy once you get the hang of it.

P.S. they havent changed the Editor, the same exept new units and the Spell customizer.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:49 PM   #3
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Yeah, there's just minor skin changes. Otherwise everything will be the same. BTW, quite a few people have FT on IW...
Old 08-19-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Okay cool, thanx TGS. And do any of you know a good site where I could perhaps host these maps, really wanna show some people these, its gonna be great. I have finished them yet, its painstaking to get everything right. Almost done with the first scenario for all races. Heh, you should see what I did to Uther. I changed him into the look of a bandit lord, or knight, whichever u call it, gave him completely new spells, and damage. Pretty funny.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:10 PM   #5
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

The Unofficial WarCraft Maps and Mods Site Excellent site for hosting maps. They have a large database and tons of users.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:31 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Ok, thanx lothar.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:15 PM   #7
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

No Problem.