Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 02:02 PM   #31
dragon2005
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by jsalsb:
[QB] Mah shlomchah, Dragon2005? I haven't served in the army, but I did spend about 10 days in Gadna in 1982. That was enough to convince me that I DID want to play computer games later in life!
well i have a few more years to the army ( 2 ) and i will continey playing antill than and mabey even when i will be older.
are there people arund my age here?

lama lo haita ba thava? i really want to go there and by the moust krave
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:06 PM   #32
jsalsb
Elminster

Dragon205: mah zeh thava? Army? I'm not Israeli, I'm Canadian, so I did not have any legal reason to be in the Tza'hal. I was there for the summer with my high school in 1982, and we spent a couple of weeks in Gadna.

Yes, there are some teens on the board - and I believe there were more when the game was fresher - it's even posible that some of us *were* teens when the game was fresher [img]smile.gif[/img] !

PS - Ani loh midabehr Eevrit. Ani yodeah "mah shlomch," zeh hakohl! Haiti b'beit sepher Eevrit sh'haiti yelled katahn. Shachachti et hakohl! Ha'Anglit shelcha kohlkach tov shel ha'Eevrit sheli!

PPS - to all others - we're not telling secrets! I'm just showing off the very very little and poor Hebrew that I know (and I use the word in the loosest posible sense!)

PPPS - I *think* I wrote: "I don't speak Hebrew. I know 'how are you' little else! I was in hebrew school when I was a little boy, but I forgot everything! Your english is way better than my hebrew."
Old 11-30-2004, 03:15 PM   #33
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

We've had players/posters from all ages - some younger than you, dragon2005, and some older. That's pretty normal for here.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:34 PM   #34
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
And what about Felix & me, who play games while in the military?
aleph_null1: I take it by your 'from' line that you are either USN or USMC?
Old 11-30-2004, 09:02 PM   #35
So So
Zhentarim Guard

first off...... congrats on the lawyership bsftcs.... do not believe I had done that as of yet... last I heard you were still trying to pass your bar?

hum moving right along.... yea I am a teenager still playing this game.... although there are better games out there... I still enjoy this classic... but I think I will be like the older members of this forum.... I will continue to play these great games as I age.... maybe even when I'm in a nursing home!... hahaz...
Old 12-01-2004, 01:02 AM   #36
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by jsalsb:
aleph_null1: I take it by your 'from' line that you are either USN or USMC?
USN, currently assigned to the US Naval Academy (which affords me the time to drink and play games for a couple years still).
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:40 AM   #37
dragon2005
The Magister

in the isrealy army you cant play games .
not comuter or any ather.
and as you can read my english is really bad.
all this spelling problems.
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:57 PM   #38
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

To add fuel to the fire, I'm 38 and I still play computer games... quite a lot, actually. Perhaps I'd better slow down [img]smile.gif[/img]

And to put things in perspective, Felix is now playing while leaving the military [img]smile.gif[/img] His long career in the military is officially ending January 1, IIRC, and he's started the delisting process (as opposed to enlisting).

And finally, one of the nice things about this board is that we have so many people from different places. I know that bsftcs speaks English far better than I do Danish, that dragon2005 speaks English far better than I do Hebrew, and that Radek speaks English far better than I do... Czech, I believe. I'll even give jsalsb the advantage in English over my French, though French is my second language. I'm too rusty

Bottom line, we've got people here from all over the world, and we all know it. So no one gets on anyone else's case about grammar and stuff like that. Except on the General Discussions board, and there, it's usually friendly.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:00 AM   #39
jsalsb
Elminster

Actually, my french sucks. It's quite embarrassing really. I was born in Montreal, lived most of my life here, yet can barely carry on a decent conversation in the primary local language. I usually just lie and say I'm from NYC (I spent a lot of time when I was young in Manhattan, so I can fake that one pretty well [img]smile.gif[/img] )

...And I think, if I'm not mistaken, that So So is either from China (or Hong Kong or Taiwan, etc.) or at least is of Chinese heritage.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #40
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I speak two words in Chinese, and I don't know which one is which [img]smile.gif[/img] I saw that Rusty is from Zimbabwe, too... we are definitely a multi-country group around here!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote