Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-26-2004, 12:23 AM   #31
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

All right... the first round of advancements from the Den of Thieves since I started tracking.

PRE Amount Gift?
12 6740 Yep
12 4540 Yep
11 3870 Yep
11 3650 Nope
11 3980 Nope
12 3220 Yep

The last two were not guild members at the time they donated.

I have found that you need to be patient. If you leave before the gift is given, you don't get it.

So at this point, I don't see anything particularly illuminating...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 04:30 AM   #32
Target
Red Dragon

I started my game last night, really enjoying it, did the first warrior quest, killing that theif bloke, (although he did kill 2 of my party!! grrrr) onto the second quest, but where is the toad village?
Also I've killed a few monsters but they didn't drop much gold, where can I get money from to start training in the guilds?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 05:19 AM   #33
bsftcs
Red Dragon

By exploiting the inn bug, by using the roster editor, or by using another cheat program.

If you do not like cheating there is the fletching trick.

Or there is the painstaking method of collecting everything you see, identifying them in stacks and repairing them and then letting a character with the merchant trait sell them.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:46 AM   #34
Target
Red Dragon

How do I get the merchant trait or do the fletching trick?
must be quite time comsuming doing the "inn bug".
and lastly what is the roster editor?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:04 AM   #35
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Target:
How do I get the merchant trait or do the fletching trick?
must be quite time comsuming doing the "inn bug".
and lastly what is the roster editor?
The merchant trait is available through the guilds at higher levels, again there's a table in teh best tip thread that will give you that information. The fletching trick can be done by characters who are or have been rangers and therefore has the fletchery trait. Just equip your ranger with a bow and he'lls tart making arrows for you. If you add a valuable arrow, like the dragon arrow that is received from the Bushi dojo in Ishad N'ha, you'll soon have 50 arrows to sell for a very decent amount. Remember to keep at least one arrow. The inn bug however is not time consuming when done correctly.

The roster editor is available at Xignal's site. It allows you to change level, attributes etc. for your characters.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:07 AM   #36
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
All right... the first round of advancements from the Den of Thieves since I started tracking.

PRE Amount Gift?
12 6740 Yep
12 4540 Yep
11 3870 Yep
11 3650 Nope
11 3980 Nope
12 3220 Yep

The last two were not guild members at the time they donated.

I have found that you need to be patient. If you leave before the gift is given, you don't get it.

So at this point, I don't see anything particularly illuminating...
Hmm I agree, there's no pattern in there. Is there any difference in the value of the gifts? Is perhaps the gift received from donating 6740gp more valuable than the one received from donating 3220gp? Spells are also referred to as gifts I guess?
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:58 AM   #37
Target
Red Dragon

I think I'll be needing a Ranger soon then!! How do you do the 'inn thing' quickly, I seem to spend a while clicking then deleting, maybe its just me!!

Old 02-26-2004, 08:39 AM   #38
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Well, WillowIX, in fact fletchery is not the trait that rangers get on ascension. That is the hawks brow trait. Fletchery can be purchased only by rangers, but it requires that they have level five warrior guild standing.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:34 AM   #39
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Ahh...the inn bug...hmm...if I do remember correctly that is in the Best Tips thread..try searching for it there...I, the instantly made billionaire(or something to that extent) thanks to the inn, want to give you the trick but I don't remember how it is exactly and if you do it wrong you will lose all your "hard earned" gold...So you're best bet...Save before you even attempt to exploit that bug!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:37 AM   #40
Target
Red Dragon

Found something in the tips thread, hope it works on my version!!
Some extra cash will be helpful!