Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-07-2004, 04:20 PM   #31
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Where is the Ramonster these days?

Anywho, all you fogeys are older than me, it seems. I read BG2 posts for a long time before I joined. It was certainly BG1 and 2 that brought me here, but the discussions in GD (and now CE) are where I spent and spend the most time.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:33 PM   #32
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I joined IWs in November of 2000. I echo Melusine's post re all those who were the most familiar posters to me. I remember I was also fairly new to the Internet, and did not know about the Refresh button LOL. So I'd go in and out of IWs to refresh the page (what an idiot). [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I remember there wasn't as many people so it was easy to read every single thread every day. I remember Rikard and Wah's evening roleplay sessions, which were hilarious. And also Melusine's banter with Rikarda. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] There was no Who's Online, or PMs, so many of us waited to see a post from someone to know they were online, many times we'd miss eachother because we were all going from thread to thread LOL. I remember when I first arrived most of the talk was about BGII, but in time more and more of us decided to get to know eachother, and that was where the General Discussions were born. Later, when Ziroc created the now "brown board," he added a General Discussions area to all our delight (especially Cloudy's).

I also remember on the Blueboard that smileys were a rarity, and only a select few knew the "secret codes" LOL, oh how I envied them! I remember a few days after I arrived Memnoch posted a gif of three little lady gals walking, to welcome me (because I mentioned I didn't see very many females on the forum) and I was just SO impressed and flattered! Then Suul Yin (later Stealthy) helped me a lot re my BGII game when I posted a question, and I just loved him after that LOL. Then later, not far from the end of the Blueboard days, he posted some gifs he found, for everyone to choose as a sig, and the KungFuGal was one of them. Well I called it within minutes I loved it so much, and as you know, I still use it to this day. (Thanks Stealthy, wherever you are). [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Blueboard is also a place where I met my bestest Cloudbringer, we hit it off famously right away, and are still great friends. And, of course, in the Blueboard days we also got to experience the first time Ziroc began to post to us on a personal level. Before then he was just some guy we didn't know who ran the place LOL.

All in all I'll always remember the Blueboard, where it all started (for me anyway). It's a time we will never get back, but always will be cherished in many of our memories. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-07-2004, 08:26 PM   #33
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I came here looking for some mundane thing for BGII, and I remember how helpful everyone was. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2004, 08:47 PM   #34
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Looks like there are alot of good memories here from alot of good people. I can't remember more than a few days in the past three years that I haven't spent at least a hour here on one game forun or another, mostly giving and getting help on the different game forums. Thanks to everyone that ever helped me and hope to see more of you.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:48 PM   #35
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Light Bulb

Here is the only glimpse of THE FIRST IW Forum (before the blue board even) in 1998:

http://web.archive.org/web/199910121...rum/aforum.isa

http://web.archive.org/web/199911102...rum/aforum.isa

The image links are broken, and background is too, but the post headers are there. see if you're listed there! (The wayback machine website archives all websites)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-07-2004, 09:03 PM   #36
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Ziroc that is really cool my son just said we bought Baldurs gate in 1998 and remembers the forum pages from back then when he would read them to get help. I didn't start playing until the summer of 2001 after that I joined IW to be able to ask questions.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:39 AM   #37
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Wow... [img]smile.gif[/img] Memory lane... hehehe

yeah I remember Melusine, my big sis LadyZ (I just see her that way hehehe), Cloudy, Memnoch and many more... hehehe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hark was still Zoratorak, and I was BaatoRyan... Torment really was a hit. Changed it to Bahamut anyway... man... Wow... we ALL are growing wiser by the day... I don't know if that's a good thing or bad... hehehe

I remember some a-hole who posted a spoiler about Imoen's heritage. And I wasn't very far in the game... that *toot*
Old 09-08-2004, 04:55 AM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Here is the only glimpse of THE FIRST IW Forum (before the blue board even) in 1998:

http://web.archive.org/web/199910121...rum/aforum.isa

http://web.archive.org/web/199911102...rum/aforum.isa

The image links are broken, and background is too, but the post headers are there. see if you're listed there! (The wayback machine website archives all websites)
You're a legend mate - I spent about 20mins last night trying to find this in the archives.

EDIT: - link doesn't seem to work, Z...I can't see anything...

[ 09-08-2004, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 09-08-2004, 04:57 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

I also remember on the Blueboard that smileys were a rarity, and only a select few knew the "secret codes" LOL, oh how I envied them! I remember a few days after I arrived Memnoch posted a gif of three little lady gals walking, to welcome me (because I mentioned I didn't see very many females on the forum) and I was just SO impressed and flattered!
I remember that - I'd only just learned Ultraboard code (we were using an Ultraboard back then) myself.

Old 09-08-2004, 06:54 AM   #40
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Should I auction my fishnet speedos on Ebay? A little frayed, actually not much fishnet left go figure. It was a great time on the blueboard, a lot of fun [img]smile.gif[/img]