Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2002, 06:34 PM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
I can see your really pissed off here someguy. Wow, if this was all true and not exaggerated , I can only offer you a lesson from my past to help you in some way.
When I was going through school, at 13 ,(couple years older than you.) there was this macho guy on the football team. Big guy and had alot of friends that hung out with him.
We didn't hit it off to good to start with and as the year progressed, the matter got worse. There wasn't anywhere I would go without him and his friends showing up sooner or later and it got to the point where they actually planned stuff to do to me. Not that I had any beef with his friends, they just followed for some reason because they were on the football team to I imagine.
Well, one day I saw him alone and had the guts to confront him. I went up to him grabbing his shirt and said "lets go football boy".
He was imediately starting to talk his way out of it and I all of a sudden had a slight upper hand. No ego to inflate in front of his friends luckily for me. Well, Im no dummy someguy, no violence happened , thankfully [img]redface.gif[/img] (he was huge!) and we bacame good friends after that. I even hung out with some of his friends after that also. A little intense mybe for some but thats part of me and life.
Personally I'd still recommend for noone to try this even though it worked for you, Conan. You might find that the person you tried this on is an aggressive bastard that carries a knife. Or has a lot of friends that have no problems helping him beat you to a bloody pulp.

If you must stand up to a bully I'd suggest doing it verbally, instead of bluffing them physically. I did that with some bullies I had and it worked for me. Always choose the peaceful way out, turn the other cheek, do to others as you want them to do unto you and so on. Whatever you do returns to you in some way, so choose the violent way with others, and others will choose the violent way with you.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:38 PM   #12
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Well violence is never the answer......but if you give a good fight whenever someone picks on you people will eventually leave you alone Try punking him out verbally first though. Most bullys do not have amazing verbal jabs which is why they rely on the physical ones

[ 06-21-2002, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 06-21-2002, 06:39 PM   #13
Animal
Gold Dragon

I agree completely! You have no idea what this guy's MO is. A knife or a gun could put a damper on your day real fast. Granted, you do have to stand up to bullies, but make sure you know what your getting yourself into first. Having spent some time on the police force, I've seen situations very similiar to this one that ended very badly. Remember if he's not an adult, he's got nothing to lose as it will be wiped clean when he's of age. If it's a real problem then talk to someone about it. A teacher, parent or even the police are viable options if it's that bad. If not, just turn the other cheek, but if he becomes violent, don't be afraid to defend yourself. Never be the aggressor!
Old 06-21-2002, 07:15 PM   #14
uss
20th Level Warrior

ah, i know exactly what youre talking about. i had this so-called friend who keeps making fun of me. i get very angry when people make fun of me and stuff like that. maybe even TOO angry. one day though, i will do something about it. i hope i finally make a smart move which changes my popularity forever..
Old 06-21-2002, 07:47 PM   #15
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

good advise you guys.
But like I said before, I never hit anyone, and it was solved peacefully through one on one disscussion. Not when his ego was on the line or his friends were around. nothing to prove, or nothing to lose.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:59 PM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
good advise you guys.
But like I said before, I never hit anyone, and it was solved peacefully through one on one disscussion. Not when his ego was on the line or his friends were around. nothing to prove, or nothing to lose.
I guess you're just lucky that guy was a sissy, 9 out of 10 times he would probably wait for you at some place with the entire footballteam to back him up, then you prob wouldn't talk your way out of it. It usually goes that way, i like your style though, you scared him before he could do it to you.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:21 PM   #17
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
I can see your really pissed off here someguy. Wow, if this was all true and not exaggerated , I can only offer you a lesson from my past to help you in some way.
When I was going through school, at 13 ,(couple years older than you.) there was this macho guy on the football team. Big guy and had alot of friends that hung out with him.
We didn't hit it off to good to start with and as the year progressed, the matter got worse. There wasn't anywhere I would go without him and his friends showing up sooner or later and it got to the point where they actually planned stuff to do to me. Not that I had any beef with his friends, they just followed for some reason because they were on the football team to I imagine.
Well, one day I saw him alone and had the guts to confront him. I went up to him grabbing his shirt and said "lets go football boy".
He was imediately starting to talk his way out of it and I all of a sudden had a slight upper hand. No ego to inflate in front of his friends luckily for me. Well, Im no dummy someguy, no violence happened , thankfully [img]redface.gif[/img] (he was huge!) and we bacame good friends after that. I even hung out with some of his friends after that also. A little intense mybe for some but thats part of me and life.
Blimey Scott, I can't imagine anyone picking on you, you look like you could handle yourself OK in a ruck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2002, 10:29 PM   #18
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

the way I see it , you have 2 choices , someguy. You can beat this little S.O.B. till blue stuff runns out of his ears or you can use the internet to get revenge.

To use the internet all you have to do is go to any good search engine and type in "mom Jokes". Then memorize as many as your penguin brain can hold. As soon as you have become a master of the mom joke you can crush this little twit with an endless stream of "Your momma's so fat/thin/ugly/druggedup /ect..." that he will cry and scream in frustration.

Here is a little scenario for ya.....

You : hey DJ do you have my wallet?

Him: No, why?

You: Cuz I forgot it on your moms dresser after I paid her,and she said you would bring it to me!

Him: angry/dumbfounded look

You :GIGGLE!!

mom jokes work best when there are people around because then the others tend to try to get in on the action.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:36 PM   #19
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Okay first of all Hunter of Jahanna.HIS MOM AND DAD ARE THE COACHES OF THE BASEBALL TEAM!!!!!!!And second um scratch that there is no second.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-21-2002, 10:38 PM   #20
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hunter, why do you suggest violence that might end badly for him as well as mark him as a prime target for revenge? Violence breeds violence, an eye for an eye makes everyone blind.

Plus, "mom jokes" are more likely to get him stabbed, punched or pushed into oncoming traffic than to make the bully stop.