Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2003, 10:17 PM   #1
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

This ever happen to you?

Every time I use paralyze spell and then soul trap then I hit the hotkey "1" for my sword. the game crashes and im back out into windows.. its happened twice now so i know its not a coincidence.. is a Bug?
Tyranny]SiN[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 11:03 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Morrowind is notorious for it's rampant CTD's (crash to desktops). It's a known issue with the game. One that Bethesda seems to be unable to fix in all of their patches. If it only happens under the particular circumstances you've stated though, it may be corrupt files causing the problem (another known issue with the Morrowing game).

Morrowind is basically a great, but highly unstable game.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 11:52 PM   #3
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

nah i was just practicing Hand to hand in some cave with an orc and i went to switch to my weapon hotkey "1". and it crashed again.
Tyranny]SiN[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:50 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

It's not a fixable bug, or at least not to my knowledge. But like Firestormalpha said, Bethesda is nortorious for having buggy games. Those who had Daggerfall remember the frequent crashes. Its even worse in Morrowind.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 03:28 PM   #5
Oruboris

FWIW, mine crashes if I get too many keystrokes ahead of what's happening on screen, as though the game is confused by which command to process first, or maybe it just has a limited ability to 'store' new commands while it animates the current one...

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:05 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Morrowind WILL crash randomly, no matter what specs you have. When i first played Morrowind, it was on a pretty crappy system, still i managed to finish the game. When i got a new and much better system, the game still crashed occasionally, though much less than it used to.

Crashes or no, this game is still one of my all time favorites. Just make a habit of pressing F5 every few minutes, and the crashes will be no more than a minor annoyance. Besides, the perfect game, which runs on the perfect system, hasn't been invented yet. Shit happens.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:46 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

It is a great game but i want the damn patch already ! Setting aside this "minor" [img]tongue.gif[/img] problem it is one of the best FRP`s ever !
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 05:18 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You want the patch ? Then why don't you go get it at Bethesda's site ?
Old 12-23-2003, 04:28 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
You want the patch ? Then why don't you go get it at Bethesda's site ?
Yeah sure but someone here mentined that the CTD isn`t fixed by any patch.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:49 AM   #10
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

The problem is, it isn't a crash to desktop. There are many places, in my experience, where the game is unstable. The patches definitely make the game more stable, though.

Install all the addons, and install the latest bloodmoon patch and the game will be much less crash-prone.