Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2003, 11:48 PM   #1
Legos
The Magister

Yes...

I went into this Anath da werewolfs lair, i spoke to it and ended up fighting.
I led it outside to test if call lightning would aeffect it.
I managed to kill it with several cause wounds spells.

BUT, when in went back in, i saw ANOTHER Anath waiting for me!
O_O

Anyone of you seen this kind of a thing happen?
I have had some mods intalled recently, and i am suspecting something... -_-
Legos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:32 AM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Legos, Anath is kinda important to the sidequest. Try not killing it and see what happens. Or see if killing it inside it's cave helps. I'm not sure what might be causing the "cloning" to occur. Maybe someone else will have a tech solution if there is one.

[ 09-24-2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

That can happen sometimes--when an enemy "follows" you from one area to another, the "new" copy is created before the "old" copy is destroyed, and sometimes the computer simply forgets to destroy the old one. Since this is obviously a bug and you certainly killed Anath (well, the first one) legitimately, you'd be perfectly justified in killing her duplicate with a Ctrl-Y. You don't get any EXP that way, so as long as you don't loot the body (not that she drops anything anyway), it will be just as if there was only one of her in the first place--which is how it should have been.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:42 AM   #4
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

A spoiler, probably
'
'
'
'

'
''
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

'
it is a great way to become rich-kill the lich in the inn, in the gate area, and you will have another 10000+ gp like nothing. Besides of the amount of xp.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:31 AM   #5
Devv
The Magister

Or if you like to cheat, you can just CLUAConsole: SetCurrentXP and AddGold. I don't see why some people exploit bugs rather than using the console...do they think they aren't cheating?
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 01:51 PM   #6
Legos
The Magister

Heh, if i ever want to get easy EXP i simply open Shadow Keeper. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But but but, after completing the temple quest and becoming the ranger protector and completing the first ranger quest...
I cant seem to find the weird forest spirit anywhere, i thought i was supposed to meet her after completing the task...
LOL

My BG seems to be having some problems, SERIOUS problems...
Legos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:04 PM   #7
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

It is MUCH harder than it seems if you do it with low level party. i always do it when i am level 11 (roughly). You can find yourself stuck with as much as 3 liches in the inn. Even if they are "near death", once they cast 3 fireballs simultaneously (like what happened to me), jan, viconia and ano died. had to reload the fight thrice. And one of them simply killed me with symbol death. it is really a problem sometimes.
So it is not cheating, but merely a hard work with extra pay.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 05:06 PM   #8
Faceman
Hathor

If you are so keen on extra fights you can always spawn mosnters with the CLUAConsole
code:
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("creaturecode")
[/QUOTE]You can also use that to spawn quest-essential creatures/persons that won't appear (but be sure they aren't just hidden somewhere or you'll end up with two copies of them ). To get the proper creature code I suggest using one of the creature-lists online or even better Shadowkeepers creature-browser.
The cloning seems to be a ToB issue. I can't remember it occuring in plain SoA. I always thought it was a counter-cheese to the classic "lure monster to other area to finish them one-by-one or just by setting traps". I found that quite annoying sometimes (happened to me once with the entire Guarded compound party) and it's unfair sometimes: e.g. I was to assassinate Rayic Gethras but had no weapons in my party (Viconia and Me) which could hit Stone Golems. So my Assassin scouted ahead hidden in shadows, saw the Golems, laid traps downstairs, went back up and lured them down but regardless how often I killed them they always respawned.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:42 PM   #9
Devv
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:
It is MUCH harder than it seems if you do it with low level party. i always do it when i am level 11 (roughly). You can find yourself stuck with as much as 3 liches in the inn. Even if they are "near death", once they cast 3 fireballs simultaneously (like what happened to me), jan, viconia and ano died. had to reload the fight thrice. And one of them simply killed me with symbol death. it is really a problem sometimes.
So it is not cheating, but merely a hard work with extra pay.
Though I understand what you mean, it is still kind of cheating. Yes you do earn the xp in a loose sense because you kill the monster, but making more than one of those liches is a bug in the game, killing them all for xp and items is exploiting a bug. It is similar to spawning constant red dragons in the middle of the copper coronet just for the xp. Just CLUA the xp if you are prepared to exploit bugs. If you feel the need for more monsters, then go get the tactics mod or something
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:48 PM   #10
Faceman
Hathor

You CAN roleplay that abit if you want to. Say you have the ranger cabin or the druid grove and you are bound on going Troll-hunting. Now there ought to be more Trolls around than just the few that are in the game and it's not very realistic that once you kill them there never come any back. So you go to the grove area spawn a few Trolls and slay them for the better of the woods. Technically this is cheating but as long as you do it for the fun and the roleplay it is completely okay. Spawning dragons is another thing as I doubt that there are plenty of red dragons around and even if so they're probably not all called Firkraag (you could however just spawn a generic Dragon but a Dragon without a name has no style)