Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-13-2001, 01:00 PM   #1
Moni

Before I leave ::sigh:: I forgot I wanted to post this pic of my neighbor's Magnolia tree. It is over 40 years old at least and when I took this pic (although you can't tell for the brightness of the sunlight) it was in full bloom from top to bottom.

Have any of you ever seen anything (knowing Magnolia blossoms and their fragrance) this magnificent?

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 01:03 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Nicely proportioned tree! Yes, we have them around...I don't, they are very messy when those purrrty flowers fall, but they sure are gorgeous in bloom.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-13-2001, 01:07 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

IM-pressive!

I love magnolias myself...would have to, just about, raised in the Deep South. There are places in Louisiana where it is illegal to cut down a magnolia tree without special dispensation from the local government. People feel VERY strongly about those trees!

Old 06-13-2001, 01:07 PM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I love it when trees bloom up here! Unfortunately I don't think I have ever seen a Magnolia tree before

Right now we are getting 'winter' in June. We have three gigantic Cottonwood trees accross the street from our parking lot at work and when the wind blows it fills the lot with 'fluff', really looks like it is snowing

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-13-2001, 01:18 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Thanks for the photo Moni

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-13-2001, 01:43 PM   #6
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

It's beautiful!

They are very lucky to have that growing in their garden, it's supposed to be good Feng Shui if the angel is positioned correctly. A tree in bad places in a different thing - but forget the theories: that thing is simply beautiful!

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 01:58 PM   #7
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

What a breath-taking photo Moni. Thanks so much for sharing it. I just love magnolias. We have quite a few here in Nashville and I love when they are in bloom.

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 01:59 PM   #8
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Very nice!

"Have you checked for my cousins the tree elves? There must be an entire colony in there, from the looks of it"

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 05:47 PM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hmm, im not really a nature guy, but that looks cool. a big broccoli

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-13-2001, 06:02 PM   #10
Moni

CLoudy,
Lucky you!!! We have another one next door on the other side that no one takes care of. I water it now and then but it is still scrawny for being as old as it is. We just planted two in our backyard this spring. Babies from the looks of them LOL but they bloomed and filled our backyard with their lovely aroma for quite some time. For all that beauty, I don't mind the stuff that falls.

Saz,
That's cool!

Moridin,
My grandmother in AZ lived in a senior's mobile home park some years back and they had cottonwoods everywhere...I remember the snow effect LOL! Is actually pretty cool!

Yorick,
You're Very Welcome!

Wah,
Isn't it?
Well I sure hope that we placed ours in good places! We walked around the yard and found places that felt right...where the trees have plenty of room to grow and where their scents will be accessible to the deck we are going to build...one on each side of the deck but far enough away to grow. I'd have to have a professional come see if it is all feng shui proper though because there are other trees back there as well. They look good though!

Lady Avalon,
You're welcome! I had never seen them until I moved here to Texas two years ago...I am in love LOL!

DawnChaser,

Counterpoint,
No I haven't checked yet but hopefully if the colony gets too large, some of the elves can move into the ones in my yard. You'll have to come visit.

Moni

------------------