Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 06-12-2001, 03:49 PM   #1
illusia
Welcomed New User

I downloaded the Quest Editor, skins, fire golem spell, journey to uma, and the patches, but I am having problems with them. I keep getting a message called runtime error which keeps me from uploading them. I get it with patch 3 and because of this I can't upload the other patches. Help me!!! Please!!! I would like to play the journey into uma quest and run the quest editor. Oh, won't someone please help me!!!!
illusia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 04:11 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Phew!!!! Calm down a bit . Firstly, I presume that you have successfully downloaded and unzipped the patches? If not, try downloading unzipping and installing them again.

If that does not work, try uninstalling them reinstalling the game to rule out any corruptiion of your core Darkstone files.

Beyond that, I would try disabling any anti-virus software for the duration of the install / patching process.

Hope this helps

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 05:50 PM   #3
GranamereWork
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK I can be wrong on this but I think you need to be running 1.05b patch to do all that you want to do. I know skins will not work without the 1.04 patch and I think 1.05 is needed for the editor. I would try uninstalling anything extra you installed and see if that helps. I know skins and Quests just means making the directory and putting the files in but you might want to try moveing them out of the directory then trying the patch in case it is checking for them. Also remove the Fire Golem spell out just to be safe. If you uninstall copy you save folder somewhere safe before the uninstall. OK here comes the real stupid stuff. Have you renamed your computer? It does effect the game. Are you trying to install the patches in the correct order (I said this was the stupid stuff.) 1.03, 1.04 1.05b? Have you ever installed the patches? Do you know how to see what patch level you are at? (Go into Configuration then options. It is in the bottom right corner.) Who knows you might have bought a patched version. I have not loaded the Quest editor or Fire Golem spell yet but I have the rest of the stuff working. If you have any other problems let me know I will do what i can to help. Find one of my other posts (Granamere) and e-mail me or continue to post here. I hope this helps.
GranamereWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 06:03 PM   #4
GranamereWork
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Phew!!!! Calm down a bit . Firstly, I presume that you have successfully downloaded and unzipped the patches? If not, try downloading unzipping and installing them again.

If that does not work, try uninstalling them reinstalling the game to rule out any corruptiion of your core Darkstone files.

Beyond that, I would try disabling any anti-virus software for the duration of the install / patching process.

Hope this helps

CLAM DOWN!!! CLAM DOWN!!!!!!! I can not believe you said this. This person is in dire trouble. The game will not work. Life can not go on. Who can be calm at a time like this!!! You are not even thinking of the poor character who needs to eat and protect themselves. Who knows they might be stuck in a dungeon about to be pounced upon be who knows what and you want them to be calm! Shame on you. I need to go get more caffeine. Yes that will help. Also sorry about the new user. I am at work and have no way of getting my other password.
GranamereWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 11:13 AM   #5
illusia
Welcomed New User

I uploaded the patches and quest editor like everyone told me to do. The patches uploaded and so did the quest editor. I haven't tried it out yet, but when I do I'll let everyone know how it goes. Now, I've got a whole new set of problems. Itried to upload the skins, journey to uma, and the fire golem spell. they won't upload. It keeps going into my temp file on my database and won't upload. So what should I do now. Help!
Old 06-13-2001, 01:21 PM   #6
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

When downloading, right click with the mouse and use the "save as" option. This should allow you to choose the destination directory of the files.

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 04:37 PM   #7
illusia
Welcomed New User

I did do that but they still keep going into my temp file for some unknown reason.
Old 06-13-2001, 07:37 PM   #8
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

You need to create a folder under Darkstone called skin for skins and Quest for quests. Then copy the extracted files to these folders. Skins will need to be renamed to the name of the character. So if your character is named bob the skin files would be named bob.tga and bob_face.tga. Also these files have to be tga files. So if you edit them and save them as bmp,jpg or any thing else then rename them bob.tga they will not work. Just a fyi in case you did not know. the Quest should end in .mtf (eg. Journey In Uma.mtf) not .zip or anything else. Also one note on the face file. You do not have to have it. The file is the picture you see when you are picking the character out in the very begining and the one at the bottom of your screen when you are playing. Not your face you see in the game. If you do not have one it will just use the default for your class. I hope this helps.
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote