Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2003, 05:12 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

got this from an email.. enjoy!

---
As you got up this morning, I watched you, and hoped you would talk to me, even if it was just a few words, asking my opinion or thanking me for something good that happened in your life yesterday. But I noticed you were too busy, trying to find the right outfit to wear.

When you ran around the house getting ready, I knew there would be a few minutes for you to stop and say hello, but you were to busy. At one point you had to wait fifteen minutes with nothing to do except sit in a chair. Then I saw you spring to your feet. I thought you wanted to talk to me but you ran to the phone and called a friend to get the latest gossip instead. I watched patiently all day long. With all our activities I guess you were too busy to say anything to me.

I noticed that before lunch you looked around, maybe you felt embarrassed to talk to me,that is why you didn't bow your head. You glanced three or four tables over and you noticed some of your friends talking to me briefly before they ate, but you didn't. That's okay. There is still more time left, and I hope that you will talk to me yet.

You went home and it seems as if you had lots of things to do. After a few of them were done, you turned on the TV. I don't know if you like TV or not, just about anything goes there and you spend a lot of time each day in front of it not thinking about anything, just enjoying the show. I waited patiently again as you watched the TV and ate your meal, but again you didn't talk to me.

Bedtime I guess you felt too tired. After you said goodnight to your family you plopped into bed and fell asleep in no time. That's okay because you may not realize that I am always there for you.. I've got patience, more than you will ever know. I even want to teach you how to be patient with others as well.

I love you so much that I wait everyday for a nod, prayer or thought, or a thankful part of your heart. It is hard to have a one-sided conversation.

Well, you are getting up once again. Once again I will wait, with nothing but love for you. Hoping that today you will give me some time. Have a nice day!

Your friend,
GOD

[ 10-14-2003, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-13-2003, 05:33 AM   #2
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Ehm..... to me, this is just as scary as the Badger movie....
Old 10-13-2003, 06:21 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Lonely fella , God. If he wanted a conversation so badly, then why didn't he just ask ?
Old 10-13-2003, 06:35 AM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Lonely fella , God. If he wanted a conversation so badly, then why didn't he just ask ?
Because Christians use guilt as a weapon of social control. Make people feel selfish and wicked and bad about themselves and tell them that the only way to be better is to be penitent and submissive to the church It's worked for 1700 odd years now: there are self-sufficient, self-adapting Christian franchises all over the world.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:20 AM   #5
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Because Christians use guilt as a weapon of social control. Make people feel selfish and wicked and bad about themselves and tell them that the only way to be better is to be penitent and submissive to the church It's worked for 1700 odd years now: there are self-sufficient, self-adapting Christian franchises all over the world. [/QUOTE]Pretty broad brush you used to paint us with there. Not all Christians are like that. Don't lumps us all together. That was exactly the reason so many of the protestant sects broke away from the Catholic Church. We didn't wish to be submissive.

[ 10-13-2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]
Old 10-13-2003, 10:23 AM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Then it's safe to say that you are a christian, Sir Taliesin?
Old 10-13-2003, 10:45 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

I don't want to appear flippant on a thread about religion but give that stuff about pre-determinism wouldn't God know when we are next going to speak to him?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-13-2003, 10:51 AM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

I have a good understanding with God, I don't understand him and he doesn't understand me, and we agreed that I don't ask him for anything I don't need and he doesn't give me anything I don't want... we pretty much leave each other alone...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #9
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Letter

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I have a good understanding with God, I don't understand him and he doesn't understand me, and we agreed that I don't ask him for anything I don't need and he doesn't give me anything I don't want... we pretty much leave each other alone...

[img]smile.gif[/img]

As long as you don't watch tele on a sunday-morning....
Old 10-13-2003, 11:10 AM   #10
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I may not be mod, but just a word of warning. Tread very very carefully in what you say on this topic. My personal intuition is to have this topic closed before anything even shows a sign of getting started, but that's not my decision.

However, on that note I honestly side with Sir Taliesin.

Donut in the event that you are somehow unaware of this. The author of this email would undoubtedly be human. Not that in my opinion God is incapable of sending an email should he choose to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Harkoliar on a grammatical note. The God in your topic title should be capitalized, if for no other reason than the fact that it refers to the deity of a monotheistic religion. In the case of a god being one of many gods or goddesses the g is lowercase. In the case of monotheism, it's God. So even if said God has a distinct name given by it's respective religion it would be referred to as their God not their god.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com