Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2002, 08:17 PM   #11
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Whats Up With Cambell's!?
Nothing.
That's why you're missing out!

Old 06-07-2002, 08:24 PM   #12
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by sageridder:
could go on forever on sauces,but wanted to add one nice little trick.when pasta is done drain it well and throw it back in pot it was cooked in,take a cup or so (more or less depending on amount of pasta just enough to coat but not enough to have sauce under pasta) of your sauce and mix it throughly with pasta.This infuses the pasta with the taste(lightly)and makes a world of differance.
Yes I do this, I like it much better than coating it with oil.
Thanks for the tips! I can't do sausage though Man, having your stomach ruptured sure takes a lot of the fun out of eating! Its been sixteen years, you'd think I'd be able to enjoy all the bad stuff again. *sigh*

Mouse, I haven't tried the soy sauce but I am looking for something different aren't I Thank you!

LoA, They do sell Five Brothers brand here, I'll check that out too. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks! Not sure about the Ro-tell but seeing how this community is so close to the border I'll bet it there. I'd definitely have to go with something mild. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2002, 05:18 AM   #13
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think you must eat spaghetti every day to trie all those great recipes Moni haha!

[ 06-08-2002, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 06-08-2002, 12:29 PM   #14
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
I think you must eat spaghetti every day to trie all those great recipes Moni haha!

I just may now that I know I can buy clean pasta!
KHaN just went to the store for me...Barilla is on the list.

Old 06-08-2002, 08:03 PM   #15
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Five Brothers brand is pretty good also!
I'll put my vote in for Five Brothers as well ... one of the best.

My criteria for buying and enhancing pasta sauces:

- anything over 10% sugar content = forget it !!
- gently heat 2 crushed cloves of garlic in half a tablespoon of olive oil before adding the bottled sauce.
- a few drops only of tabasco sauce, and a shake of paprika make a lot of difference.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:35 PM   #16
Moni

Thank you Pangur Ban!
KHaN came home with a Barilla sauce today but it was plain old Marina Sauce ("Well one had garlic and the other had black olives in it"...like ew! I might be exposed to something good lol)...well the Marina Sauce has vanilla in it, which he thought would be good and I can taste it already...chef-boy-ar-dee sweet lol.
I was afraid to make my spaghetti tonight because I knew I'd add things to it to tone down any sweetness and I want to avoid salt for one and having to doctor something I want to eat for another, but it seems to me that putting vanila in a base sauce is going to make it sweeter than anything I'd want to put on my pasta and will make some doctoring necessary. I guess I'll know when I actually open the jar. haha
*note to self* "NEVER send the sugar addict to do the grocery shopping!"
Well, at least i've trained him not to bring home donuts and chips and call it a meal anymore. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2002, 09:40 PM   #17
Moni

Well I am happy to report that the Barilla Marinara Sauce was so far the best plain-old jarred sauce I've tasted yet!
Not sweet at all, as I had feared, it was actually very tangy, well-spiced without being overly done, and had sizable chunks of (haha KHaN!) tomatoes and onions!
It was a little salty but not so much so that I couldn't eat it and between the two of us, we just cleaned ourselves out of a lb of sirloin-hamburger, half a pound of cooked spaghetti, the jar of sauce, and 4 sub-rolls coated with melted butter, sprinkled with garlic and 3 oz. of mozzarella cheese...toasted to perfection under the broiler.
I'm a happy camper! I'll have to do that again soon [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2002, 05:09 AM   #18
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

well i tend to make my own I stick some tommatos in the processor
then add some bay leaf and basil
then ina serpeate skillet I pout some olive oil and crush some garlic over the olive oil then drop it into the oil and sauta it till it is golden brown
then add it to the pot when it is boiling then simmer.

But then hey I make my own pasta too

[ 06-10-2002, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Lanthir ]
Old 06-10-2002, 06:31 AM   #19
Epona
Zartan

Oooooh, I love pasta!
My sauce of choice is just plain old green pesto (basil, pine-nuts, parmesan, olive oil). I don't bother making my own, because jars of Sacla pesto are just right for the job.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:54 AM   #20
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

prego is by far one of thebest sauces out there, though it isnt good on pizza, for pizza i recomend not having sauce at all and just juicy sliced tomatoes burn into a thin crust layed wiht 4 types of chees and salami from the leg of a horse... MMM MMM good! *thats German Pizza for your info by the way*