Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-08-2003, 04:07 PM   #1
The Lilarcor
Elminster

I am in the slums, near the Planar Sphere, but near it, there is a beggar who is in red and at night there is a landlord as well that is red? is this some sort of bug, beause while I was talking to th guy trying to sell the PS, somehow edwin killed the beggar and suddenly I'm no longer a Paladin. Its cooky.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I think it is part of a quest...but i am not sure..
I am sure some of or other forum members will asnwer your Q
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:01 AM   #3
Azaghal
The Magister

This has never occured to me. I don't think there is a quest related to this, but maybe you have harmed somebody of the "civilians" in this area as a side effect of a fight or spell. This could turn other NPCs on the map hostile. As you're playing a paladin I assume it's not a low reputation problem, which could also turn others hostile IIRC. You should go back to an earlier save or simply leave the area if you don't have to return there.
Good luck.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:43 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Immediately go back to your oldest Save. If this was before people turned Hostile to you, thank the gods and your lucky stars, because being a Fallen Paladin sucks. If, however, you made the poor choice of Saving your game after suffering this fall from grace, I have heard that there is a way to have your "Fallen" status revoked, and it involves the magic words "Paladin Stronghold." (I've never Fallen myself, so I can't really claim that the thing actually gets you your original class/kit back.)

The most logical cause of this is, as Azaghal said, that you harmed or offended some Innocent character (by Failing a Pickpocket, opening a Locked container in their home, hitting somebody with an Area-of-Effect spell). Whenever that happens, all "Innocent" characters will turn Hostile to you, and stay that way for the rest of their lives.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:18 PM   #5
The Lilarcor
Elminster

No. If I had tried to pickpocket the beggar and got caught, they all would have been red, but its only that one beggar, except at night when its also a landlord. And I have already done the stronghold.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:02 AM   #6
Sythe
Ra

I know this problem must have been solved by now but I think the reason that they are red is due to infravison. I could be wrong or did you mean thier circle was red?

------------------
Drizzt Do'Urden
BG1 Theme
Old 06-26-2003, 09:09 AM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

I am pretty sure The Lilarcor meant that the circle is red.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote