Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-21-2004, 01:53 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay, another update, and this is probably it until next weekend.

The Den finished clearing out Dragonspire, putting the last of the dragonshards in place. Whenever we get the urge to move on, it's all waiting for us.

But we're not done here, so it was back to Ishad N'ha for training for the remaining rogues. They've all gone up another level now, and between ironmight and kung fu, we'll be able to test out the effectiveness of this kung fu stuff.

First perspective is that it stinks. Average 3-4 damage, versus 7-8 with a sword. Ironmight adds about a point to that total damage. And we don't seem to be getting any additional attachs (weapon speed higher than sword, one would think, with agility near 20). Equipped our second weapons, remembering the trick with the breathers, and we're doing as much secondary damage as primary.

A few interesting events tonight. Approached the gates of Ishad N'ha, only to hear "Uru baada jaba!" Looked around, but no trollies in sight. After dispatching a couple of swamp bugs, we climbed the gates and spied him. One poison bomb took him out, and moments later greediness overcame sanity and we descended to loot his corpse, wondering if we'd be stuck. We figured we could climb back up or Call Home, but option C was presented -- click on the door and enter the twon. Even the back door works...

Went into the Boogre caves, running around to get the swamp mucks and ccreeping spores that hang around up north there. Removed them eventually, and went in to be cursed.

Got cursed, got out, and ran over to Blubarb to get some Boogre Brew. Why? Because we saw someone was beating on a named Boogre, and we didn't want to risk losing the brew. Everyone got some, and we ran the gauntlet, making our way to the idol of Bongu. Everyone got Fortitude tonight... And later on, Blubarb passed on, victim of another senseless barroom mugging.

We left the Idol, defeated the Pit Crawler, and went over to see Grunaxe's ghost. We'd just walked in and defeated the first spirit when suddenly, something slams us from behind. What's that? JUNGLE LILY!!! Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! There aren't supposed to be any around here! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Well, after a very long battle (and almost all of our healrealm scrolls, and a couple of rebirth scrolls, we were victorious. The lily was dead, we healed up, and then we went looking. They always travel in pairs, don't they? Well, not tonight. This one was solo.

Discovered one other interesting thing as well. Rapid consumption of heal potions leads to few (or no) potions being consumed. Stripes started doling them out after the Lily incident, but after administering 8 or 9 in quick fashion, only two were consumed. Don't know if it's exploitable or not, but it was interesting...

The Den is now sitting at the teleporter plates. It's late, the Red Wings won, and I need some sleep, so we're not going in there... tonight, at least.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 02:15 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Even the back door works...
Of course. Someone that's in town obviously wants to go in town [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:04 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Rapid consumption leads to minimum consumption, you say. That is interesting. Are you sure that that not only applies in the Boogre Caves. I remember that the whole incident concerning the Idol og Bongu is buggy. One keeps offering the brew casks but only a few of them disappear from the inventory.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:36 AM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
Rapid consumption leads to minimum consumption, you say. That is interesting. Are you sure that that not only applies in the Boogre Caves. I remember that the whole incident concerning the Idol og Bongu is buggy. One keeps offering the brew casks but only a few of them disappear from the inventory.
Bungleau said he was consuming heal potions when it happened.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:10 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes, and...?

I am sorry, I do not know what you are hinting at.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:51 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It wasn't related to Boogre Brew, as Lord pointed out. It was healing potions, and what Stripes was doing (after the battle with the Jungle Lily, while was still nauseated) was trying to pass out healing potions to everyone. A lot of rapid clicking, since we were pretty sure there was still another Lily out there, and lots of healing was needed. The potions just didn't get consumed at the rate the healing happened [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 03-22-2004, 07:36 AM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Oh, yes, of course... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

But that was not at all what I meant. What I meant was that there are other times in the Boogre Caves when items used are not used up but are still in the inventory. So what I was hinting at was the question whether or not your rapid consumption trick perhaps only worked inside the Boogre Caves. I WAS quite aware that you mentioned heal potions. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 10:56 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmmm.... okay. I'll test that out once we get out of the Boogre Caves. It may be a while, though... we're just about to enter the teleport rooms, and we only have one stick.
-+-+-+