Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-28-2001, 12:04 AM   #1
rjsmith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry if this is an old thread... (I scrolled through 12 pages and didn't see it) - what are some unique items from the chests in Cet's chamber. I reloaded a few times and found the following -- I opted to keep the Lance of the Lady, but others were interesting.
Murkata Blade
Murkata No Dachi
Priest's Robes +4
Orion's Hammer
Helm / Plate of the Realm
Kimono of the Dragon
Zunori Kabuto
Dragon's Shield +3
Robinsword (got one of these earlier, so not unique to Cet's treasure)
Enchanted Sylvan Bow
Devil's Axe
Axe of Runes and Stones

Is there an item list? I read in one post about "Sword of Hearts" What are some of the other great items? Are there other chests, besides those two in Cet's chambers that have a chance to produce these items?
rjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 12:13 AM   #2
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I got the Murakata No-Dachi in another chest in Cet's Pyramid (that is an awesome weapon! Just bless it a few times!) and I found the Devil's Axe in the Shrine of Anephas. I've also heard of a Sword of Hearts. Does anyone know where to find this?

Welcome to the board, btw!

-Jafin

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 05-28-2001).]
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 12:17 AM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi rjsmith! Hmmmmm, an item list. . . I don't think I have ever seen one. But you can look here: http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html
To see if Rick included something like this at his site. He has a lot of information there. Check it out!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 12:23 AM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I went through those chests a few times. What I found was that the chest on the left side always had one great item that could be found nowhere else and another very good item that sometimes turned up in other places. The chest on the right also had a least one very good item that was alway in Cet's tomb, but sometimes turned up in other chests.
My favorite unique item is the amulet, Eye of Heaven. Very nice protection for an amulet. Since amulets are one of the items that cannot be blessed but give you great protection, this is a highly prized artifact.
I have found the Sword of Hearts in the right chest, as well as a Wizards Blade and some strong +3 armor. I have even found a wakizashi +2 there.
I would have liked the Murakata blade, except it is not blessable. The Murakata No-Dachi is blessable, but it is a two-handed weapon.

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:25 AM   #5
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I did forget one thing I found in the right chest. It is a cool blade that is one handed and blesses up even better than the Tomonari Katana. It is called Bloodslinger and looks like a bastard sword. I know that it is not a unique item because I lucked out and got the Eye of Heaven and Bloodslinger in the same trip. (That is what I kept to be used by my new characters.) However, I have never found it in any other chest, and I do not know anyone else that has found it. I think Saz is on a quest to find it in this game, but I think it is even harder to find than a Wizard's Blade.

Knarfling.
Old 05-28-2001, 09:40 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Treasure is random - doesn't matter where someone else found a particular item - you won't necessarily find it there yourself.
Saz played 4 games before he ever found a Wizard's Blade while some of us found them on our first games. Go figure!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 11:38 AM   #7
rjsmith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, all, for your replies and for welcoming to the forum -- I lurked for a few weeks before posting to get a feel for this place. I like what I see here -- a forum for players of all abilities and play styles with truly knowledgeable, helpful people.

In my game, I kept the Lance of the Lady; collected all the stuff for a set of ascension quests and started all over with a party of first level adventurers. (Albeit, most first level adventurers do not have level 12 in two or three skills; nor are they carrying weapons that deal up to 60 pts damage in a round -- but I was rarely challenged in combat on the first time through, anyhow).

this time, I will NOT sell the Tome of Fire to afford skills at level up, and will not outright kill the ratling thieves just because they bug me. This way, maybe, I will get characters to ascend to the elite roles.

Keep posting info. on unique items. The gorrors -- and the gorror chests -- were really the only reason I replayed CoDS so many times. I wish this game had more formidable end-game foes -- after you got the great weapons and armor. It really wasn't any fun beating up Erasthmedor or Oakenmir but I had to try out my new toys! I figure a few times through this game and I'll have a couple of complete sets of "Plate of the Realm".
rjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:28 PM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

What's CoDS? And what is the Wizard's Blade? Is it a sword that is usable by mages?
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:39 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

rjsmith - I neglected to welcome you to the board - Sorry! WELCOME to the board!!!

Neb - A Wizard's Blade looks like a dagger and is useable by mages. Enchant +2, Hit +2 and Sleep.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 02:40 PM   #10
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Neb - CoDS stands for Crusaders of the Dark Savant, also known as Wizardry 7. The windows version, Wizardry Gold, is also known as CoDS by many players. The Gorrors were a ste of 5 VERY powerful monstsers (and one wimpy one) that had some cool stuf in their chests. Because it was random, many people saved after killing a Gorror, then opened chests, quit and reloaded until they found what they wanted in the chests. To some extent, several of the chests in W&W do the same thing, but only a few are guarenteed to give you a very powerful item.

As for the Wizards Blade, not only is it very powerful, it is also blessable, making it even more powerful. Since Wizards cannot handle some of the better swords, this is something that lets your Wizard or Warlock do some serious damage in hand to hand combat.

Knarfling