Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2001, 09:01 PM   #1
Debaser

I've cleared out all of the Vale of Shadows, but the problem is that I've spoken to Kresselack about killing the priestess, but when i go to her cave she isn't there.
when i did the Vale of Shadows, i think i actually went in the ice cave where the priestess is supposed to be before I talked to Kresselack...i don't remember fighting her, just three yetis or something like that. then, i basically went and descended all the way down to Kresselack's tomb. He gave me the quest, and now when i go back to the cave in which the priestess is supposed to be, she isn't there!
can anyone tell me why this is, or a way to remedy this? i don't have a save that is very recent, and if this is some kind of glitch I'll have to not only redo ALL of the Vale of Shadows, but even a little bit more than that (which is enough to just make me put IWD away and play some Baldurs). so someone please help me out here...

I just looked through some older posts, and someone said that it doesn't matter if you go to the ice cave before you talk to Kresselack--supposedly, once he gives you the quest, then the Aurilite chick should appear in the cave when you go there. this isn't the case for me though. any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Debaser ]

Old 11-14-2001, 11:30 PM   #2
Subotai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I went to the ice cave first, then again after Kresselack told me to. She was only there the second time. I'm not sure if you have a bug - just make sure you go to the back of the cave because she doesn't appear until you go to her little cache in the back IIRC.

Good luck,

Subotai, thief and archer
Old 11-15-2001, 07:52 AM   #3
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

I don't know if this will help but in your dialogue with Kressalack(?)
you have to definately accept the quest, telling him you might do it or will think about it doesn't trigger the priestess. Just a thought.
Old 11-15-2001, 02:34 PM   #4
Debaser

Sir Moosington--

man, i think you're right. the first time i talked to Kresselack, i'm pretty sure i picked the "i'll think about it" answer. that must be it, i guess.
which really blows because i don't have even a remotely recent save before having said that...oh well
thanks for the info though
Old 11-15-2001, 04:22 PM   #5
Debaser

badass! turns out i actually had a save from right before i talked to Kresselack. i told him i'd definitely do it, and lo and behold she was there.
thanks again.
Old 11-16-2001, 04:27 AM   #6
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

Not a problem, glad to have helped.