Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2003, 05:33 AM   #1
Damo
Welcomed New User

I have completed all that I must on chapter 6, yet can not progress to chapter 7 as I have Jaheira in my party. As I go to give the lantern to Elan he, the elves and the harpers that are there all attack even to the point that an Elevn war mage uses time stop and then somehow instantly kills my main character!
Jaheira did have an ultamateum to go back to the Harper hold (Which is now empty!) and the attacks will stop; yet she said she would think on it. So I have been going around completing everything that I can but she hasn't left yet. I even tried to replace her as a character but that doesn't work and I am still attacked as her story isn't completed. Please any help you could give me would be great.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 07:58 AM   #2
Ugaya
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Damo:
I have completed all that I must on chapter 6, yet can not progress to chapter 7 as I have Jaheira in my party. As I go to give the lantern to Elan he, the elves and the harpers that are there all attack even to the point that an Elevn war mage uses time stop and then somehow instantly kills my main character!
Jaheira did have an ultamateum to go back to the Harper hold (Which is now empty!) and the attacks will stop; yet she said she would think on it. So I have been going around completing everything that I can but she hasn't left yet. I even tried to replace her as a character but that doesn't work and I am still attacked as her story isn't completed. Please any help you could give me would be great.
It seems to me that Dermin and his harper friends are attacking you.
Do you play an unpatched version of SoA?
If so, apply the official patch from Bioware and the SoA-fixpack from http://www.baldurdash.org/ (if you playing "pure" SoA) or apply the official Bioware ToB-patch (if you have both installed). These patches/fixes will prevent hostile harpers from appearing at the Underdark Exit.

About the ultimatum. If you want to play Jaheira's quests to the end, don't give the lantorn to the elves. You cannot finish her story when you're in chapter 7.
Back to the ultimatum. Go anywhere OUTDOORS (but not the Underdark Exit and not the Forest of Thetyr). REST.
Spoilers

When you awake Jaheira should have been gone. A person named "Terminsel" will appear and will give you a note. Go to the Harper's Hold and get her back. Then you have to wait for 2 days ingame time IIRC. REST OUTDOORS (not Underdark Exit, not Forest of Thetyr, not area with Drizzt encounter). Dermin should appear again (this time with friends). Kill them. If you romance Jaheira Terminsel will appear again after one hour of real time after you finished off Dermin and you'll get the reward. If you don't romance her Terminsel will appear after 5 days ingame time (Fixpack from Baldurdash) or 5 days real time (official ToB patch). The latter was just confirmed in another thread.

[ 09-18-2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Ugaya ]
Old 09-18-2003, 08:05 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

IIRC it's somewhat different
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
When Jaheira leaves after resting the note tells you she left for the Harper Hold. Go there and face Dermin there. Afterwards rest outside, Terminsel should appear, yadayada
Old 09-18-2003, 08:21 AM   #4
Ugaya
Manshoon

No, Dermin won't be there. You can meet him only outdoors, never inside a building. (Area checks in Jaheira's script)
Spoilers

You have to face some mercenaries in the Harper Hold when you try to get Jaheira back. However, they will be no match for a party in chapter 6, they are somewhat challenging in chapter 2, after that not more than cannon fodder.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:42 AM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

sorry confused him with the guy the estate is named after
you're farther ahead in the story
Old 09-18-2003, 09:46 PM   #6
irheat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I encounter another problem here. I am in chapter 2, I don't have Jaheira in my party. after Xzar quest, I go and get Jaheira into my party. normally now the summon to harper quest should start, but the messenger does not turn up.

I even try to get Jaheira in my party when doing Xzar quest, but the messenger does not turn up also.

my installation is SOA+TOB (all patch)+baldurdash fixpack +tatics+ease of use.

In my previous installation, with SOA+TOB (all patch)+baldurdash fixpack +tatics +TDD, the quest is working fine, I get the summon to harper right after I get Jaheira back to party.

Is there any work around for this, I want the Ring of Wizard. I don't want to reinstall the game again since the TDD has cause a lot of problem.

(Edit) forget to mention that my PC is female, so no romance with Jaheira.

[ 09-18-2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: irheat ]
irheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 03:40 AM   #7
Ugaya
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by irheat:
I encounter another problem here. I am in chapter 2, I don't have Jaheira in my party. after Xzar quest, I go and get Jaheira into my party. normally now the summon to harper quest should start, but the messenger does not turn up.

I even try to get Jaheira in my party when doing Xzar quest, but the messenger does not turn up also.

my installation is SOA+TOB (all patch)+baldurdash fixpack +tatics+ease of use.

In my previous installation, with SOA+TOB (all patch)+baldurdash fixpack +tatics +TDD, the quest is working fine, I get the summon to harper right after I get Jaheira back to party.

Is there any work around for this, I want the Ring of Wizard. I don't want to reinstall the game again since the TDD has cause a lot of problem.

(Edit) forget to mention that my PC is female, so no romance with Jaheira.
Yes, you're right Meronia should appear after Xzar is finished.
Can you check two global variables: "LyrosJob" should be set to 3 and JaheiraHarperPlot to 0. If these conditions are met and you are not in a dungeon or building she should appear. If nothing helps try to clua her in: her code is "JAMERONI" IIRC.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:14 AM   #8
Kezardin
Elminster

Damo,

there's a fix for this on Baldurdash that prevents the harpers appearing on that particular map -

http://www.baldurdash.org/SoAfix/Fix...HarperPlot.zip
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:31 AM   #9
irheat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In shadow keeper, the LyrosJob is 3, but there is no JaheiraHarperPlot variable. I add it in as JaheiraHarperPlot 0, but it still not show up.

so I use the clua to bring messenger in, after conversation, Jaheira left the party, but stay there, after I sleep in the inn, she does not appear to continue to harper hold.

any other solution?
(Edit) I suspect this is caused by multiple stronghold mods, the one included in ease of use mode.

[ 09-19-2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: irheat ]
irheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:45 AM   #10
Ugaya
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by irheat:
for shadow keeper, the LyrosJob is 3, but there is no JaheiraHarperPlot variable. I add it in as JaheiraHarperPlot 0, but it still not show up.

so I use the clua to bring messenger in, after conversation, Jaheira left the party, but stay there, after I sleep in the inn, she does not appear to continue to harper hold.

any other solution?
(Edit) I suspect this is caused by multiple stronghold mods, the one included in ease of use mode.
Sorry that it hasn't worked. One last guess and it's only a guess: set JaheiraHarperPlot to 1 and maybe then Meronia appears ans the "rest" works too.
I always have Jaheira in my party and never encountered this problem (and there were a lot of games over the years). But I never used the ease of use mod ...

EDIT: Have you uninstalled Ease of use (or the stronghold component if that's possible) and tried this Xzar-Harper stuff again? Just curious where your problem comes from...

[ 09-19-2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Ugaya ]