Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 01-28-2001, 06:25 AM   #1
Mordigan

1) My God am I getting pissed. Okay, first of all, I couldn't seem to find the key to get into the secret room (you know, the one with all those damned Mind Flyers) in the sewers, below the temple district, so I cheated and used the "control J" method to warp in. Anyway... Not that I care about where to find the key now (though if somebody knows, feel free to tell me), but what I can't figure out is how to get passed all those (insert explicative here) mind flyers!!!

To refresh your memmories, there are three rooms; I got by the first room and I even managed to take out the Umber Hulk in the second room, but that's as far as I got.

How in the hell am I supposed to take these bastards out?!? And please tell me I'll be well rewarded for doing so -- you know, by recieveing some cool weapon or something.

At any rate... did I mention this was a two part message?

2) Okay, after about an hour of getting thoroughly pissed off by not being able to get passed the mind flyers, I decided to head into the lower level of the dungeon to find the second part to the staff which the X-cultist told me to find for him. The only problem is I can't seem to get accross the bridge (the legitimate way anyway). I answered the bride keepers question (which was "Life" I believe) but aparently that answer wasn't enough because he started asking me questions all over again -- and none of the answers I gave him seemed to work the second time around. And how bad of a guesser am I? Lets just say that I slaughtered armies of those Goul's and Skeleton Warriors he summoned to kill me.

So, after getting sick of getting the run-around from these riddles I again used the "control J" method to warp accross the bridge. Upon warping accross, I immediately got my rear end kick by those one eyed medusa look-alikes! I don't remember what they're called but I'm sure somebodly will know what I'm talking about. How do I kill them?

Lastly, I managed to run past them (well, actually I cheated, I bet you can guess how?.... can you say "CONTROL J?") to the upstairs, but then I couldn't kill the demon in the temple. I must have beat the heck out of him for about ten minutes but no matter how much damage I dished out he just wouldn't fall. So... how do I kill him?

I don't care about spoilers, so if one of you guys has the patience and kindness of heart to answer this drawn out question, feel free to spell things out.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2001, 10:56 PM   #2
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Mordigan, methinks you may want the BGII Forum. It's a little down the hall and on your left... LOL

I started BGII but decided to finally finish this one first. Have fun and lots of luck!
IdiotRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 05:57 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Mordigan, thats BGII but I'll try to help. The key in question is gained in the Umar Hills. It has the stench of sewage. The mind flayers are tough. Send a mage to open the door ( maybe with something summoned with him/her)Cloudkill, shut door. For some reason this killed the umber hulks like that (snap) in my game. I didnt argue. Some flayers may follow you. Mage runs back to rest of party. Summoned monster(s) take the heat. Meanwhile summon another monster or two and ready missile weapons. If none followed do it again with haste spell, they'll follow you now. Use missile weapons until your summoned guys are dead, then melee weapons. The battle are tough yes but lots of exp.
Across the Bridge- Those are Gauth. Once again, cloudkill + summoned creature to bear the brunt. Have healing potions
Demon-try cure light wounds on the demon
Have more patience, you miss a lot of exp when you cheat across bridges etc by the way
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 10:32 PM   #4
Larry

Lord of Alcohol is right about that cure light wounds to kill the demon...there was a clue mentioned somewhere about that.
If you want to cheat, the best way(in my opinion) is to arm yourself to the teeth, and give yourself some extra exp. points, rather than skipping over the stuff like you did with the Control "J". It is more rewarding that way, but the truth is, you paid for a tough game...
That is why you did not spend your money on some pre-school Barney Finds his Friends, crap or something.
Old 02-08-2001, 08:43 AM   #5
Moggl

I know I'm away from this board far too often, but I'm a VERY busy man these days.

>>>> SPOILER:

The 'Sewer Key' is found on Tazok (yes, the very one) in Firkraag's dungeon in the Windspear Hills.

PS: Remember Raleo Windspear on the 1st floor of that inn in Beregost?

Hope to be able to come here again soon

Moggl

PPS: please remember to sort yourself and the version you're playing and post to the according board(s).