Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-07-2004, 02:03 AM   #1
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Hey ppl! I just joined up and i got a question. How do u tree-surf?
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:29 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Pop 'n Fresh. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Tree surfing is done by walking up to one of the gates of either town in the game. Once you are in front of a gate look straight up, and then press and hold both the "jump" and the move "forward" key. After a few jumps you should land on top of the gate. You can then move and jump into the line of trees. In that manner you can circumvent a few bugs in the game, and you can skip a couple of dungeons if you want to.

It is a rather tedious method of moving, and your characters take damage from doing it. But it is a good way to get around the living seed quest "bug" as explained by Sazerac on page two of the best tips thread. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-07-2004, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 11-07-2004, 08:29 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Pop 'n Fresh!!!

You've already been given a good description of tree surfing. I personally avoid it but it has been known to come in handy for many players! There are many unexpected places that you can explore in W&W - I did a very thorough exploration of Shurugeon Castle which included a leap from D'Soto's window to the outer wall! I manage to make it on my first attempt which I found rather amazing! lol! Players have climbed all over the Serpent Temple and Skull Castle and probably everywhere else as well.

Let us know how your tree surfing goes!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:21 AM   #4
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome to the board, Pop 'n Fresh...

Hum..... tree surfing can also come in handy if you want to skip parts of the game... like bsftcs said... Living seed... also if you want to skip the Boogre Caves and just get to the twin headed giant....
Old 11-07-2004, 12:41 PM   #5
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of tree surfing... I guess I've never been able to do it right [img]graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]

Anything that can be done with tree surfing can be done with Vanish, in less time and with much less frustration.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:46 PM   #6
jsalsb
Elminster

I've never been any good at Vanish. No matter where I stand or what direction I face, I always end up at the same destination - the wrong one. I 'm sure I just don't know how to do it properly. Tree surfing, on the other hand, I find a breeze - repleat with Tarzan calls!

[ 11-07-2004, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: jsalsb ]
Old 11-07-2004, 09:07 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Tree-surfing is pretty neat, but pretty frustrating, too. What I find that works is to point myself in a direction, and then hold down the forward button. It looks a whole lot like you're not doing anything, but every so often you get goosed and tear along for a bit. Then you get stuck, and repeat it again.

I follow Mama Hissy's advice often when tree-surfing; nothing's more frustrating than going along for a while and then falling out of the trees... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

I also don't find it as important as I used to. With the exception of the treant seed quest, there's no real "standard" game advantage. Trying to play a quick game, of course, is something else entirely... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:11 AM   #8
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Hey Thx for the advice ppl now i can go both ways in da crypt.
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote