Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2001, 02:35 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Urm... yay? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I finally died to a Dragon, Draconis no less. Reason? His Dragon's Breath was acid-based, I only had 30% Acid Resistance, and even when I saved my Breath Weapon Saving Throw( reduce damage by half), it dealt about 70-80 damage to my Cavalier, can you say... ouch? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So I died... and I reloaded and went back to town to buy two scrolls of Protection from Acid. I casted both of them on my Cavalier to boost my Acid Resistance to the maximum. If Draconis spits on my Cavalier again, the acid will heal him instead.

I also changed weapon from Axe of Unyielding to Crom Faeyr, because Crom Faeyr had elemental damage which could bypass Draconis's Stoneskin( thus my Whirlwinds will not be totally wasted).

With Acid immunity, Draconis was easily dispatched. Now for Improved Abazigal... ...

And to avoid a repeat incident, I bought two scrolls of Protection from Lightning as well... ...

Screenshots

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 04:10 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I enjoy these stories. Keep them going!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 04:21 AM   #3
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

So do I!
And I'm also soloing as a cavalier, and have been inspired by your tactics many times
Old 11-09-2001, 04:08 PM   #4
Jim
Quintesson

I've enjoyed it too. In fact, I've abandoned my kensai/mage/thief and generated a fine cavalier. I rolled

STR 17
DEX 18
CON 18
INT 13
WIS 16
CHA 18

and am already in Brynnlaw. I've soloed Kangaxx, Shadow Dragon and Firkraag, Twisted Rune and am really looking forward to the ToB encounters! You have been a fine inspiration Dundee my lad. Jim salutes you.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 11:23 PM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

good thing dundee! Imoen got toast with Abazigal one time when he shot her a title at the lightning belt... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 03:42 AM   #6
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

I can't believe you have been defeated by a dragon,Dundee Slaytern! I wish you good luck the next time.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Sir Byronas ]