Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2004, 09:17 PM   #31
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Cool, they look cool.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:50 AM   #32
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Jerr, drag the screenshots into the URL window.
i've learned something already and its not even 9am [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xzar with a hammer! nice . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 11:19 PM   #33
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Now I hate to say this boys but the best two mages in the game are Dyhnier and Edwin, for TOTSC i would use Dyhnier while you can, but in further chapters of BG Edwin is incredible powerful as a conjuerer. He can use cunjurations, necromancer, evocations, and illusion, which is all the spells a good battle mage needs.

The problem with Xzar is is opposing classes, yet ive found that Xzar is more powerful then Xan in battle situation while Xan might be better company in your party.

*Not 100 percent sure if he can use necromances, i dont rember their opposing class.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:11 PM   #34
Nerull
Lord Ao

Xan can use necromancy, it is evocation that he can't use. Can easily be circumvented with wands (frost, fire, lightning).

Xzar's loss of illusion hurts mostly on defense. If you have a full party, and use him as a "launcher" (throwing destructive spells), then not a huge limitation.

Edwin can do just about anything in BG1 (except identify items). Pretty much a straight mage.

Dynaheir is hurt by two schools missing (conjuration and enchantment). The first can be circumvented by the Wand of Fodder. The second one is a pain, as some of the early enchantment spells really help the party (sleep, confusion, emotion, etc.). Still, she is pretty much your only option for an all-good party (unless you dual-class Imoen), so I just work around it.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote