Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-26-2003, 04:24 AM   #21
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Arrow

Argh... why do things get so exciting towards the end of the working day??

I have just been asked to be on standby for a live talkshow to represent my company's policies

Does anyone have any advice to offer?? (I am worried about fumbling on national TV...)
Old 11-26-2003, 04:47 AM   #22
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Does anyone have any advice to offer?? (I am worried about fumbling on national TV...)
Try not to pick your nose [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2003, 05:20 AM   #23
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

No need to worry; I am certain that you are a competent professional. Do you represent your company's policies in a face-to-face setting? If so, then don't think of this as any different, since you will be virtually face-to-face. In short, be calm and be yourself and you'll be just fine. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:52 AM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Mistral! How'd it go? Did you go on tv to discuss your company policies?

Downunda...awwww...a present for LB...awww.....*melting Cloudy*

SomeGuy, SMILE! Yup, smile. I hear it works wonders even if you don't feel like smiling to start with! [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope you're feeling less glum soon! The holidays can make people stress out alot, maybe you're feeling some of that?

I've got a full day of running around setting up interviews for our faculty position, so I'll pop in when I can, but most likely it will be short visits!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:07 AM   #25
Link
Jack Burton

Nothing much to mention here... it's been a bit of a boring day
Old 11-26-2003, 09:30 AM   #26
Elif Godson
Dracolich

wow, y'all had a busy day yesterday by the looks's of it, hope everyone is recovering properly [img]smile.gif[/img] Well my 80K$ upgrade is underway here at the corporate office and so far so good, I am excited for the new A/V equipment I'm getting
Now if I can just get them to put smart board's in all the conference room's I will be very happy [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] But with all my luck, this time a few week's from now I will probably be looking for a new job when the equipment doesnt do what they thought it was going to do or there is a snafu during one the quarterly meeting's, oh fun fun fun, nothing like making the senior vp or the ceo look bad in front of many televised viewer's and employee's
Old 11-26-2003, 10:23 AM   #27
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

oh this is just wonderful, guess who has a cold now? yep, me, and I feel lousy, and we have so much to do tomorrow, this is going to be a bad thanksgiving, lol, all i want to do is sleep, and it is not gonna happen, well anyway, how is everyones morning,afternoon or night going?
Old 11-26-2003, 10:35 AM   #28
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Argh... why do things get so exciting towards the end of the working day??

I have just been asked to be on standby for a live talkshow to represent my company's policies

Advice? You betcha! Is it going to be a friendly format, or an antagonistic one? IOW, is it a local news show on your side, or is it 20/20 looking to make you out as a bunch of ghouls?

In either case, the rules are largely the same: respond to the questions asked (and no more than the questions asked!), and if you don't know an answer, say so; don't make up an answer on the spot, or you may have to live with something you'll regret.

You may be pressed to give your personal opinion on something (what would you do if your friends were diagnosed with this?). If that happens, remember that your personal opinion doesn't exist; they will consider it to be the company opinion.

Avoid ironic or sarcastic humor; you'd be amazed at what clever editing can turn them in to.

Assume the camera is on at all times. Don't fall into the "just between you and me" trap.

And above all, have fun!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:22 PM   #29
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Exclamation

Hey guys, I too have a cold. Also, just bombed a physics test, coupled with girl problems. Nice week, huh? Oh well, at least I'm out of school for the rest of the week. There are counterings to my mood, though: No school, just beat BG2, and listening to some 'Tallica. Cooking some pizza now and gonna watch the original Star Wars.

Storm, since you probably feel similar to me, I suggest just forgetting work and/or school for a couple hours and just listening to music or watching a movie. Works for me. Well, later guys!
Old 11-26-2003, 01:39 PM   #30
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

hey all, hope everyone is having a good day and that those with colds get better soon. I had a surprisingly good day today and for the first time in ages when i woke up this morning I felt refreshed and alive! BTW cloud good to see Oasis is back up (I know its been up for a few days but tried to PM you but your inbox is full!)