Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 12-16-2006, 10:53 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Level 14 will be opening soon, and I want to warn you to start putting points into bluff, taunt and persuade and other conversation skills.

I even have some signs in a language, but only someone with a high lore, and a high INT will be able to read them.

There will be many ways to succeed at things on this level as well. You can earn loads of XP by using these skills.

After 14 and others open, I'll be adding many more skill checks throughout EFU so you can make use of them. Even some stores, if you persuade someone, maybe you can get a better deal!

I decided to really go all out for this level. [img]smile.gif[/img] Hope you like it when I open it--should be a few days. Been busy for a few days. Scripting is also slower when I gotta figure out harder stuff. But it's worth it.

Stay tuned! And Lvl 14 will explain many things in Undermountain--ties a few loose ends up and starts quests.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:28 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cool. Might put a cramp in some people's playing styles, but hey, that's what parties are for.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:49 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh there's still the 'bash it all up' style. [img]smile.gif[/img] This will just give folks a bunch of new options if you want to replay it differently.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:02 AM   #4
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

so can we plead, beg, cajole and persuade them until we get what we want and then beat them up, break their heads and generally make their lives a misery for forcing us to be so polite?

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:14 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I had this dialog some time ago in some dungeon or another: Persuade check: Please Mr./Ms < insert appropriate monster here >, don't eat me. I just don't see that working on some monsters...
Old 12-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Level 14 will be opening soon, and I want to warn you to start putting points into bluff, taunt and persuade and other conversation skills.

I even have some signs in a language, but only someone with a high lore, and a high INT will be able to read them.

There will be many ways to succeed at things on this level as well. You can earn loads of XP by using these skills.

After 14 and others open, I'll be adding many more skill checks throughout EFU so you can make use of them. Even some stores, if you persuade someone, maybe you can get a better deal!

I decided to really go all out for this level. [img]smile.gif[/img] Hope you like it when I open it--should be a few days. Been busy for a few days. Scripting is also slower when I gotta figure out harder stuff. But it's worth it.

Stay tuned! And Lvl 14 will explain many things in Undermountain--ties a few loose ends up and starts quests.
You do realize that will make a lot of builds completely useless as they've been maximized for damage potential. Of course, people may simply start to party-up more often just to overcome they various absences in skills. Hey, that's a pretty good reason to make levels like this one! I do see a lot of requests for Rings Of The Liar, Amulets Of The Sly Dog, and Robes Of The Sensual Vixen coming up for you, Ziroc. *Grins* Of course, that does mean there'll finally be a level where being a rogue or a bard will be a Very Good Thing(tm). Come to think of it, maybe I should make a few items of that nature, although there may be other counterchecks to see if the person is really "that damned good" or it's just a put-on.

(exampli gratias: bluff/persuade check suceeds, then see if Strength is higher than 20 or 30 - something like that. if that's the case, person realizes they had magic used on them and they go ultra hostile.)

One thing I know people are going to ask about is alignment checks and alignment shifting moments. Will those be coming in the next few months as well? As right now, being a paladin gives you nothing better than being a barbarian when it comes to dealing with various NPCs. (Thinking of Attalus and his paladins...)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #7
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

I knew taunt would be useful for more than shaking my fist at the protaganists in the DPG as they fail to hit me and I enjoy the same pleasure [img]smile.gif[/img] . And I've never been able to talk to any of them long enough (i.e. at all) to persuade them to just give me the stones and save all the hassle of squaring off, slicing at each other for a while, trading a few spells, slapping them with Mordy's, a Harm and throw in a Hellball just to wipe them out entirely. I always thought that a quiet game of scrabble (to the death) over tea and biscuits should be entirely sufficient...

Mind you, if we need to team up with extra debating power to get through 14 I'm sure Axe and some of the other thinking tanks will be around to act as 'persuaders' when the more lucid and verbiose arguments just don't cut it

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Pathe should be a little of both. Of course, she was started after the warning about skill checks was added...There are some of my more prolific chars that will have to persuade at sword point, or dagger point, however...
Old 12-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Mozenwrathe:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

You do realize that will make a lot of builds completely useless as they've been maximized for damage potential. Of course, people may simply start to party-up more often just to overcome they various absences in skills. Hey, that's a pretty good reason to make levels like this one! I do see a lot of requests for Rings Of The Liar, Amulets Of The Sly Dog, and Robes Of The Sensual Vixen coming up for you, Ziroc. *Grins* Of course, that does mean there'll finally be a level where being a rogue or a bard will be a Very Good Thing(tm). Come to think of it, maybe I should make a few items of that nature, although there may be other counterchecks to see if the person is really "that damned good" or it's just a put-on.

(exampli gratias: bluff/persuade check suceeds, then see if Strength is higher than 20 or 30 - something like that. if that's the case, person realizes they had magic used on them and they go ultra hostile.)

One thing I know people are going to ask about is alignment checks and alignment shifting moments. Will those be coming in the next few months as well? As right now, being a paladin gives you nothing better than being a barbarian when it comes to dealing with various NPCs. (Thinking of Attalus and his paladins...)
[/QUOTE]Oh yeh. Alignment changes are already in level 14. Saying you can't help someone is fine, but rubbing it in, saying "I hope you die here, you crap-stick" will give you a pt towards evil. hehe.. crap-stick +9! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Woot, any chance of adding that to the Drow wench at the end of lvl 1?