Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 02-13-2004, 06:18 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just a quick update on Level 11:

I found what was causing the errors/crashes, and the cause was on level 11. So I removed some overlapping placables as well as all the items that were in the oasis (that was buggy) Bug changed the end area completely. Added some new desert warriors as well as some new items, and a secret area on level 11.

The Desert Warrior leader is INSIDE the Fortress, and that is where the Key to level 12 will be (on the leaders body, and in a bedroom).

Level 12 is also nearly done! Surprise! So you'll see it this weekend. There will be some odd areas too, some that Halaster will teleport you to. Muhahaha.. It'll be fun!

BTW, the good camp area NPC's are being fixed, so they may be broken, but that will be finished/fixed tonight, as well as the quest the goody guys in the 'good cave' [img]smile.gif[/img] give you.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 09:55 PM   #2
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

By any chance was the problem you fixed near or on the big bridge?? Ive had Neverwinter crash while fighting my way across.

Im assuming only my client crashed, but just wanted to check anyway.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:22 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

On the zig-zag one? (the one going to the fort?) if so, then it may have been the fire placables. Too many of those light effects on screen at once can cause a client to be choppy and sometimes crash--I removed all the fires on the ground, as well as nearly ALL the gravel lines, as well as some ferns, rocks and some other stuff--just in some areas, and I saved 2MEG! And the level loads faster now, and seems to play better too!!

BTW, on Level 2, there are another THREE secret rooms to find! If you complete Loki's quest, he'll give you a map with clues on where these secret rooms are!

I'm making many secret rooms on each level now, as well as going back through, and adding quests to each level as well.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 01:53 AM   #4
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Yes it was the zog zag one, sorry for not being specific on that. It was very fun, I got torn up pretty good when I was only 1/2 way across.

Btw, did you get the email I sent, just curious