Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

Got done with the Shrine.....talked to Kerah....floated to the top and have been swimming around in circles ever since...........I have tried "Vanishing" on every square inch of shore line........paying paticular attention to the spot where you can see a little sand on the other side of the trees....left side of the pond or so......nothing.....I looked for a spot where I could see some light between the trees........nothing..............duh.....now what.........thanks
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Good, you are in the Kerah area, where you have got the Obelisk of Light and where you have found Leprechaun's chests, right? Now, you want to vanish away but you can't. Most likely, you have already found the bug in the game, which prevents you to return back to the Shrine using the elevator. Therefore:

There is no other exit from the area. But - the area contains nothing special, only the Obelisk of Light and the Leprechaun's chests. Kerah herself can neither tell you anything interesting nor give you something. Get the obelisk and the items from the chests and you can leave the area forever. You can

(1) Teleport away, if you have a portal somewhere outside the area.
(2) Cast Call of Home.

You cannot vanish away most likely, I have tried it as well and without success [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] even if there are "promising" locations there. But you can vanish "back" inside the area from the outside if you want. Look at your "big" map. Take the way from the northern point of the island with the Skull Castle north to the Enchanted isle. You will see that the shore of the Enchanted isle makes a reversed "V" there. Inside the "V", you can find a point from where you can vanish through the forest to the Kerah area. Another point, from where you can vanish to the area is on the Enchanted Isle but I cannot give you more exact directions because I have tried these things too long ago [img]smile.gif[/img]

What to do next. You will need the Obelisk of Light in the Shrine. Therefore, you will reenter the Shrine now. Take the Mavin Sword with you, well, it is not neccessary but it will be noticed by Anephas and it will simplify the subsequent dialog.

[ 05-18-2005, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Radek ]
Old 05-18-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
Most likely, you have already found the bug in the game, which prevents you to return back to the Shrine using the elevator.
Hi Radek - I've never encountered this... I thought the elevator bug only prevented you from reentering Kerah's area once you have gone back down, not the other way around (ie, it does not prevent you from going back down to the shrine, just going back up a 2nd time).

The 2 times I did this area unpatched this was the case. Did I just luck out?
Old 05-18-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

That was also my thought...

Anyway, you have to enter the shrine again and use the obelisk to resurrect Anephas.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:43 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

Correct. The bug starts working after returning into the Shrine so that you can return once. My apologies. I am always leaving the area by means of Call of Home so that my own experience with the bug is dated heavily now
Old 05-18-2005, 11:03 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Qiote,

If you have the obelisk of light (and got the leprechaun's treasure) you should just return to the shrine the way you came in. The bug they're taking about is the elevator to Kerah's area not working again but if you have done what you need to - you have no reason to return to the Kerah area.

It's time to raise Anephas! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:40 PM   #7
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had some obelisk that activated the "portal thingy" by Kerah......I got the little guy's treasure......what I want to know is how do I access the rest of the map..........the part outside the pond where Kerah hangs out...........there is no opening in the treeline, and there is no underground waterway leading to it.........thanks
Old 05-19-2005, 03:23 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

The obelisk you have found will help you to revive Anephas in the Shrine. Place Ash of Anephas on the altar (if you haven't done it so far) and create the "path of light" to it. The Obelisk of Light is the first obelisk of the path.

With Anephas revived, let him drivel and when he stops ask "Collasium". Anephas will continue talking a bit more. Now, when he stops, take the way to the right behind the altar. The door at the end of the corridors will now be open.
This is the exit from the Shrine leading to the "2nd half" of the map. The door will remain open forever and allow you to travel to and fro through the Shrine.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:28 AM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You came up via an underwater passage to Kerah's place. Go back the same way into the shrine. You have to take another way out of the shrine.

You will also have activated a broken portal there. A miniature obelisk will have appeared in the process. Be sure you take it with you when you swim down to the shrine again.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:36 PM   #10
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

finished the Shrine.........left before I got the message about the back door..........thanks......guess I gotta go through the Shrine...use the back door...and set a portal.............NOW A QUESTION........All teleport, Call to Home, spells fizzled in the Shrine....My character has a Moon Magic of 12, and a Sorcery of 9....why did all teleport type spells fizzle........thanks