Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2001, 08:52 AM   #1
bavvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I mean she doesn't have one in BG1 ( at least not early on, I haven't finished it yet). She starts bg2 with one which seems to do nothing but take up the belt slot, and can't be removed. Yet later on it disappears anyway. What was the point? Did I miss something or is there some significance?
Old 11-15-2001, 08:57 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Very simple.
Imoen is very important for the storyline, as you may have noticed. What would happen to it if she dies in Irenicus' dungeon? No Imoen, no kidnapping, no case, no BG2. So the belt is, quite simply, keeping her alive. The moment she is about to die, she will flee your party and tell you she will wait at the entrance of the dungeon.
Old 11-15-2001, 09:06 AM   #3
DaFirm19_Inch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What if,........you take the belt off with shadowkeeper, wot would happen then....ahh?
Old 11-15-2001, 09:21 AM   #4
bavvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ahh, so its a belt of panicking. I never realised it was the belt that did that. I may whip it off her at some stage to see what happens..... Then again I tried removing her spellcasting ability (getting her to memorise 5 identify spells) but she strangely has a few magic missiles hidden away later. I'll stick her in armour next time!
Old 11-15-2001, 07:10 PM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by DaFirm19_Inch:
What if,........you take the belt off with shadowkeeper, wot would happen then....ahh?

If she dies with the belt removed, I suppose either the game will crash or the Imoen waiting outside is just a new "spawn", which I suspect... But it would be weird, Imoen dying inside the dungeon and upon leaving it, you suddenly see her alive again outside.
Old 11-16-2001, 04:50 AM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

This part of the game has a few inconsistances with the rest- no matter wot u do, Imoen will fire magic missles- if u dont have her memorising them, if u put armour on etc.
It is very wierd.
Old 11-16-2001, 08:14 AM   #7
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Actually, though I hate to admit it, I've had Imoen die in Irenicus'dungeon (she stepped on a trap in that creepy room he keeps the portal key in) but I reloaded and disarmed the trap. I've always assumed (silly me) that the belt was some kind of control device that made her fire those darn magic missles. I've even erased MM from her spell book, and loaded her Level One spell slots with Chromatic Orb and she STILL does it.Some kind of death wish, I guess [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-16-2001, 10:19 AM   #8
Whailor

... as for the belt, if you only knew what it all grants to her, you would want one such for yourself too [img]smile.gif[/img]