Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #11
Law
Dungeon Master

Default Re: I want this game!

Yep, this is one of those problems that don't have a good fix. Some have more trouble then others.

The item up the tunnel is the "serpent idol". (You can do a search for that and read all about this)

With it you can get the "book of the serpent".

The book tells you how to answer the questions that you will be asked by the "spirit of Xydusa"

This item in the Best Tips tells what is in the book so you can give the anwers.
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...9&postcount=56

I can usually get into the tunnel but it takes a lot of trys. So just do the rest of the temple and use the tips for the answers when you need them.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #12
Shadow Stranger

Without the Idol you won't be able to access Kreug's study. This makes it impossible to get the scroll needed to complete the Bard role ascension quest. So use the Vanish spell or just hex edit the Idol into your inventory. The quickest and simplest solution is the Vanish spell.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Not quite. You need the four monkey idols to access Kreug's study, wherein you'll find the Scroll and Orb. The Serpent idol opens the other area where you can get the book with the answers to the Serpent Guardian's questions. You don't need the book, though... just the answers, which are in the Best Tips thread.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #14
Shadow Stranger

I always thought that the Serpent Idol was needed to make the lift work. Currently I can't test this theory because I took out all five idols and the lift still continues to work.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's tricky that way. The four monkey idols are all that is required to make the lift work. The serpent idol only operates the walls that hide the book with the answers.

You can also follow Stackman's examples and build a ladder up to Kreug's study

Interesting that the lift continues to work after removing the idols. I thought that it stopped when you removed them, but I don't remember ever pulling them back out after starting it up. I'll have to do that next time....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #16
Shadow Stranger

You can get the lift working with only the four Monkey Idols. I was finally able to test this.

As for the inertia, the lift works when you take the Idols out, presumably this is written into the save game file. This feature is making it hard to decrypt the game files, altering a file may have no effect because everything is already written into the save.