Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-19-2004, 07:56 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

It is nearly Christmas. And my mom all the way Qatar a small country all the way in the Middle East has sent me and siblings early presents. However just very recently my sister's package has arrived....all torn open. I checked inside the ripped box and thankfully found some of my sisters presents my mom had sent. When I told my dad about this he told me right away that the f-tards did this because it was a package from the middle east. This had so infuriated me! Was not there better alternatives than forcibly tearing the box open? Could they not have X-rayed it like they do at other airports? Or at least have the f-ing decency to seal it back up, instead of leaving it at its decript state? My sister was very upset over this and I won't be surprised when I get my torn up package and find some valuables missing. For example my mom clearly stated that she is going to send me some money and another gold necklace. I can understand why they did it, but I hate how they did it.

This is so BS.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Man that does suck. Sure way to ruin x-mas for someone. I really hope your package shows up in one peice.

And I am not to sure they would x-ray it. It may damage some thing inside. But what does it matter if they are damaging it all ready I guess. Cheer up and have some egg nog.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah...if it were a tape from Osama...then they would have damaged it with the x-ray. Therefore, they rip it apart.

And I have heard that some items are just not allowed to cross borders. I was stopped and fussed at for carrying some food products from Mexico in my bag. They took them from me, and I had to write that cost off as lost.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:29 AM   #4
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

I suppose in the middle east they do have to be careful about these things but it does seem a bit drastic.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:09 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Yeah...if it were a tape from Osama...then they would have damaged it with the x-ray. Therefore, they rip it apart.

And I have heard that some items are just not allowed to cross borders. I was stopped and fussed at for carrying some food products from Mexico in my bag. They took them from me, and I had to write that cost off as lost.
But so what if it's a tape from Osama? Who the hell cares if he sends another tape? It's idiocy to do these things.

Nothing personal to you, Larry, but I just get really pissed off because of these things. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 12-20-2004, 06:20 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

But so what if it's a tape from Osama? Who the hell cares if he sends another tape? It's idiocy to do these things.

Nothing personal to you, Larry, but I just get really pissed off because of these things. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Such tapes could be very very dangerous. It could be an instruction from Osama to his people at US to launch another 9/11. So I guess the authorities can't take that kind of chances.

I may be pissed as well but what to do?
Old 12-20-2004, 06:35 AM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

You're a victim of your own people, in away. When we moved to Canada from Germany in '74 we had a lot of trouble fitting in. It's not a problem now but it does take time for hurts to heal. People will lash out at anything (like your package) in a wau of venting their anger.

I just got a small bubble wrap envelope from my mother in Florida on Friday. I had to pay $73 to get it! There was a small amount of cheques in there and a bit of jewelery for my wife. It doesn't make for a Merry Christmas. I think they're just a bunch of blood suckers out there in the Maritimes. My sister in Calgary got a package with money too and she paid nothing!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:00 AM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

Thats what you get by a nation obsessed with security.

Was it the American Airport that did this, or the Quatar one? If its the American, ring and complain, because this will not be in standard procedure. They are allowed to open property, but not damage it. I.e, it has to be re-sealed.

When your mother sends your package, get her to include an itinery of everything that is in it, therefore if something is removed, they would remove the iternery and you know something has been taken.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:46 PM   #9
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Was this torn apart like a bear tried to open it, or was it just opened? Either way you might want to check the American airport's policy on "suspicious goods that look like Chritmas presents".