Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #231
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: BEST TIPS!

I will have to look into that tomorrow. What I will do is give a PC one artifact spell at a time and see what the effect is. I may only need to alter the last of the three PC records in the save game file.

Edit:
As far as I can tell, the Stone Bless for Armor is unfortunately correct. I altered a save game to give Johne, the first PC, five spell books. He already had Artifact of Spirit. Then I made sure that he had at least 8 in all six spell skills. One book at a time he gained each of the five other artifact spells. My methodology was: visit the Temple and see what Blessings were available for armor and what were available for weapons. Then visit the Magic Shoppe and see what Enchants were available for armor and what were available for weapons. Then invoke another spellbook and repeat the above process: I was looking for any change in the available options.

By all means try this for yourself! Hex editing in spell books is easy, the first two places are the item numbers, see the first two columns below. Place 5 is the number 4. The name starts at place 11, see D6Item.dat for the exact spelling of the names.
4C 01 332 Book ArtifactOfSpirit
5D 01 349 Book ArtifactOfFire
63 01 355 Book ArtifactOfIce
7E 01 382 Book ArtifactOfVines
88 01 392 Book ArtifactOfStone
92 01 402 Book ArtifactOfFiends

Last edited by Shadow Stranger; 02-28-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #232
Shadow Stranger

Page Numbers given on page 1 of this post are not accurate, some of the things listed for page 2 are in fact found on page 4.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #233
Deimos
Welcomed New User

You can get the Evil Eye trait for more than one character. After the first character has invoked the Evil Eye's power, insert it into the eye-shaped slot that is used to open the path to the Idol of Aku in the Boogre Caves. When you take it back, it has been recharged and you can use it again. Repeat until everyone has the trait!
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #234
uk_john
Dungeon Master

If you haven't got the manual (one pdf is on disk one and in the install folder there is the same manual in HTML format though!), you can download the pdf version from those friendly folks at replacementdocs....

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.6196
uk_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #235
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Oh, and by the way, people may not be posting, but I bet there are a lot of people like me that will come back to it time and time again as they play through the game, which I have only just been able to get working by upgrading to an ATI card from a NVidia card!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #236
uk_john
Dungeon Master

I have just discovered that various team-mates in your party will pick up dropped items after battles as you walk over them - I have been using the cursor to pick them up individually!

Don't be too hard on me - I have only been playing the game for about 5 hours!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #237
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Crying Re: BEST TIPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Pick View Post
Take advantage of that obnoxious Jinni in Doshi Gin's Lamp! NO, don't settle for just 3 wishes! I'm running the Patch("invoked",I believe)and this still works.

Bring the Lamp to the Town Gates, and make sure you have several "Mules" in town. Save your game before you begin, and after each successful wish granted in case you make a boo boo.

As soon as you "use" the Lamp on another char. to invoke the Jinni, the Jinni appears and starts to talk. As soon as he starts talking, enter your inventory screen and DROP the Lamp!

Then, exit the inventory screen, and when the Jinni asks you to choose a "gift", pick a TRAIT(e.g. Arms of Argus)you want the char.to have, NOT an ITEM.

When he disappears, pick up the Lamp with a different char. and "use" it on another char. You can't have the same char. "use" and/or receive from it twice, so keep track of who's used it on whom. The Jinni get's all beligerent if you mess that up. You can get traits for 5 char's in a 6 char party up to now(one less than the # of char's in your party).

Next, enter the Town, go to the Inn, and exchange all the char's who've received traits already with "Mules" to accompany the char who DIDN'T get a trait.

Exit the Town, have a "Mule" pick up the Lamp to invoke the Jinni to grant a TRAIT to the last member of your party without a trait.

Have the "Mules" ask for ITEMS(e.g.Sword of Argus) to give to your party members to use, and/or sell for a tidy profit!

When everyone's made a wish, reenter the Town, and regather your party with all their new stuff! (and please don't forget to thank the Jinni)

+Dr.Pick
With my current game this will not work, so I'm guessing that I was originally doing it without the patch! It also seemed different in that I could ONLY "use" the Lamp the first time on the character holding the Lamp, then whoever "used" it after that could only do so on ANOTHER character, not themselves!

Once it was "used" three times it disappeared even if it was transferred into someone else's inventory directly or by picking it up off the ground at any time.

I guess this could be listed in the patch post under "The patch taketh away".

Bummer... +Dr.Pick
Old 04-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #238
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Sunglass Man Re: BEST TIPS!

In my investigations with the Jinni of the Lamp, I checked to see what he offered since it's not already in this thread. He offers several choices, and the following are those choices with what they actually are so you can make an informed decision. Note that they are not in the same order as the game presents them in the dialog list.

Power: Arm of Argus- increases damage to enemies with hand weapons- amount is unknown.

Ability: +1 to each and EVERY Attribute!

Health: adds 25 hit points to character(good for weaker spell casters)

Ward: Amulet of Argus- AC +2, 20% protection from Fire, Mind, Paralysis, Death, Cold, Poison, Elements, Silence, and Light. Merlin's Shield Spell with 5 charges. Wgt.= 1/2 lb.

Weapon: Sword of Argus- Min. Str.= 12, Dam.= 6-20, Spec. Death Strike, Enchant +2, Hit +2, Tough 75%, wgt.= 10 lbs.

Armor: Chain of Argus- AC 4.80, Tough 75%, Regeneration +1, wgt.= 12 lbs.

Nothing: As far as I could see, that's just what you get.

Pretty impressive list of choices! It's too bad I could only get three this time around. Oh well.

+Dr. Pick
Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #239
Shadow Stranger

Six choices for three wishes. I went for the Sword, the Armor and I think the Amulet.
+1 to every attribute for only one person is nice but it is too spread around for only a +1 increase.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #240
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

In the prepatch days, I always chose the Arm of Argus for each and then swords and armor- some of which I used for fighters and extras were sold.

This time, I chose Ability for my two spell casters who already have high stats and the Amulet for my Gnome(I think). I might have been better off with Health for my Wizard who only had 34 HPs, but I kind of discounted the 25 HPs because it didn't seem like much, but it really is significant to a Pixie spell slinger.

Oh well, they are still quite powerful now, and they've hit level 14, so I'm going to make them Warlocks now.

+Dr. Pick