Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-15-2001, 06:42 AM   #1
Elephen

Is it possible to complete the game by ignoring this section? I frankly have
found this bit impossible.

That the overwhelming majority of other attendees to this board have succeded
is also fundamentaly annoying.

regards

Elephen
Old 01-15-2001, 06:49 AM   #2
Xignal76

The following is from my walk-through:

The fires will hurt you so limit your exposure. There are several solutions; here are two for each path. Wizard’s: (1) walk over the central fire (the one directly in front of the grate) and then walk backwards through it. After you have done this walk around the edge of the room and slip through the grate; (2) go find and carry a crate to just before the last fire then run-jump toward the grate with the chest in front of you (it should block the grate’s closure just enough for you to push on through). Warrior’s: (1) there are two levers in alcoves to the right and left and a central fire that will heal your party. The trick here is to avoid walking into the healing fire (which resets the puzzle) and throw the levers and then walk out along the sides of the room; (2) or use the same run-jump procedure with the chest as above (my preference).
Old 01-15-2001, 07:39 AM   #3
Elephen

Tks muchly Rick,

now to find out which bloody path I'm on.

regards
Old 01-15-2001, 08:19 AM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

It has been a while since I was in the Crypt, though I went through about 4 or 5 times (I restarted a lot).

But I read somewhere that if you leave a crate on the central fire on Wizard side (that is the one at urn on the right), the gate stays open.

I'd like to try it, but I'm not going to start over again until I finish the game. I may try to restart after I get a Zenmaster and Valkyrie, though.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 01:15 PM   #5
Strider
Welcomed New User

Finally I got under the gates by just running straight thru fast as I could and jumping over the fire.

§
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 11:11 PM   #6
Thorny

Crates on the fire pits do nothing, but the graphical effect is interesting since they don't burn.

I am taking pity on those new players who, like me, were given advice like running and jumping or pushing crates around. Here follows detailed and easily repeated solutions for the Crypt Fire Rooms.

Which path are you on: Wizard or Warrior?

Warrior is on the left (when facing the urns) There are levers in the alcoves, while there are no levers in the alcoves of the Wizards path. When selecting a path, you must first select which of the collapsing stairwells to activate (top or bottom room on the map)so that you can reach the magic item to place in the Urn. The crystals that activate the stairwells are dropped by the undead guardians of which there are also two. Each has a crystal for one of the stairwells. You can kill them both and get both crystals, but only one path can be taken. Look around the floor near where the guardians were killed for an oblong crystal. The locks are in the walls of the rooms with the collapsing stairs.

Solution for Warrior Path:

There is a room with four pillars dividing the room into nine square sections. Fires burn in most of these sections. There are alcoves in each side wall. The object is to get the grate on the exit to stay open so that you can continue to the asylum section of the crypt. The fires cause plenty of damage so you will have to stop and heal up in the sections where there are no fires burning.

Avoid going through the fire in the middle of the room. Go to the right, around the outside wall, through a couple of fire pits to the right alcove. Click on the lever, rest and heal, go back along the path you came in, continue past the entrance around to the other alcove. Click on the switch, rest and heal. Now go aroung the outside wall towards the exit doorway, avoiding the center fire pit. You have to pass through one or two more fires to do this. The doorway will stay open and you may walk through at your leisure (no running and diving).

Solution for Wizards Path:

There is a room with four pillars dividing the room into nine square sections. Fires burn in most of these sections. There are alcoves in each side wall. The object is to get the grate on the exit to stay open so that you can reach the asylum section of the crypt. The fires cause plenty of damage so you will have to stop and heal up in the sections where there are no fires burning.

At the entrance to the room, you will see two fires between you and the exit on the opposite side. The first fire is in the entance hallway, the second fire is in the center of the room. Walk (run using shift key) straight through both of these fires towards the exit. Turn around and walk (run) back through both of these same two fires. You will be back where you started. Now, turn around again and go back through the same two fires again. You will find yourself standing at the exit with the grate open. Proceed to the asylum when ready. You may stop and heal your hit points at any time during this.

I hope this answers this commonly asked question for all those struggling to complete this game while still young.
Old 01-15-2001, 11:15 PM   #7
Magnus

The run and jump worked for me!