Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-20-2001, 09:25 PM   #11
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ah well, I didn't start playing Fallout 2 and Planescape: Torment until last December.
Old 01-20-2001, 10:59 PM   #12
Sylent

I am a pretty big fan of Fallout 2, though I have never played fallout 1...
maybe I should, and I am interested in Bos Tactics, but I think it might go a little off the role-playing side of things, and lose that sense of humour, that is so awesome...
"Expert Excriment Remover", that has got to be a pretty funny perk, or maybe Gigilo...
You might recognise the little gif from my signature from fallout 2...
Dont know exactly which perk it is though.
I just wish Black Isle would make a Fallout 3!!!!
altough there work on NwN is looking pretty damn cool

Old 01-20-2001, 11:02 PM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've been trying to get this frigging game for months but can't find it here in Australia. It took me 6 months to find Planescape. Summarize it for me. Does it use the infinity engine?
Old 01-20-2001, 11:15 PM   #14
Sylent

Memnoch,
I cant really help you out, seeing as you are in sydney, but I saw it for sale in melbourne, in one of the computer stores in the city...
I dont know what engine it uses, but I can summarise the way the game works, and what it is all about... Post-Nuclear RPG...
It is basically like bg, in the future, with all sorts of nifty guns, and armour.
This game has some serious Style, I would reccomend it, if you like bg!
By the way, did anyone see Battlefield: Earth, I thought it was heaps like the Fallout 2 story line.

Old 01-20-2001, 11:29 PM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I read Battlefield Earth ten years ago when i was 15 and thought it was a classic. I haven't seen the movie yet.

Is Fallout kind of like Wastelands?
Old 01-20-2001, 11:56 PM   #16
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Regarding the perk picture, I think that's Silent Death.
As for the game engine, I don't think it uses infinitely engine (an uneducated guess, but I cannot access it through infinity explorer).
Fallout 2 basically set place in a post nuclear California, US.
Old 01-21-2001, 12:03 AM   #17
Sylent

Yeah,
fallout 2, takes place in a wasteland area, and you travel around and visit different Villages/Towns.
Silent Death sounds about right!

Old 01-21-2001, 01:18 AM   #18
G.W.

The cool thing is it has a lot of 50s style duck & cover humor. Stuff from bad B movies about nuclear mutants and things like that. Combat is turn based but you can be quite creative, like planting dynamite on your foes before you start. BG, which I do not remember if it came before or after Fallout 1, has many of the same elements such as weapon style proficiencies, and you can't become a master of everything. Fallout 1 is cool because it introduces a strange paladin-like cult called the Brotherhood of Steel. When you first encounter them they are so cool and mysterious. Then you get to be one! From what I have seen of Fallout Tactics, the story will center around that guild. I also think a lot of the graphics from BG II that seem out of place and futuristic (like the pipes and grates from the thieves guild) may be textures from Fallout. If you liked that sense of wonderment you had when you first walked out of Candlekeep, or the first time you saw a dragon in BG II, you'll have the same feeling with Fallout 2. Lots of surprises. Not so many puzzles where you need to go to a website to find the spoiler either.

Old 01-21-2001, 01:43 AM   #19
Armisael

Both Fallouts were brilliant. Bioware have a talent for making sequels better than their predecessors, fairly rare nowadays. Best non-fantasy RPG I've ever played - the whole concept was ingenius. If I didn't know better I'd say the censors never even went near these games, they were just so close to the bone.

Old 01-21-2001, 02:05 AM   #20
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

FIRST of all, it's expert excriment EXPIDITER! It's an all E thing.

Second I'd just like to say... what was it now... oh yeah! FALLOUT 1 AND 2 IS TOTALLY GNARLY!! And I don't use the term gnarly lightly, or ever...

Third is a couplet actics I used in the FLT games. Companions SUCK, money is WORTHLESS (all over), and energy weapons are a WASTE of time. I go about with my main character and I've completed both FLT games without too much trouble. I use fast shot, bonus ranged attack, and the H&K P90c and, sometimes, uh, that other gun I can't remember, to take out any normal situation creature with ease. If I'm fighting all of new reno or the Enclave, the Red Ryder BB Gun is a hand-held apocolypse (I'd use the term armageddon but that's been used somewhere).

Fourth, my description of the game: Some of the quests... can be... a little tiresome, after the fifteenth time you play it (yes that's right, I have no life :Ž, j/k). There are a couple bugs in the game that one must be wary about. Now the good stuff. TACTICAL WIT. UNLIKE the BG games, every step is turn based in combat. You must choose who you fire at, what weapon to use, where to aim, what ammo to use, whether or not to use drugs or medical supplies at every movement point being careful not to use them all up because then it's thier turn (hence the term, turn based). It's totally fun to smack a centuar with a super sledge and see him go flying, and to take down a mobster with a bozar (heh, heh). You'd have a blast to play it. There are an innumberable other reasons why FLT games are so awesome but it's my bed time. Hope this helps Memnoch. Knowing you like BG games Memnoch, there is about a 96% chance you'll love FLT games as much if not more.