Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-31-2003, 03:14 PM   #21
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

ANd of course, if you come during the right season, go watch the great hockey team VÄSTRA FRÖLUNDA!
I thought it was MoDo????

[ 01-31-2003, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]
Old 01-31-2003, 03:19 PM   #22
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
quote:

ANd of course, if you come during the right season, go watch the great hockey team VÄSTRA FRÖLUNDA!
I thought it was MoDo???? [/QUOTE]BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

Now you NHL:ers over there should know better Daniel Alfredsson...

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 01-31-2003, 03:30 PM   #23
norompanlasolas

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Icehockey any day!

Plain and simple!
Wolfgir, did I ever tell you I was in Stockholm when the Winter Olympic, Gold-medal-winning Swedish Ice Hockey team returned to a victory parade?

Sverige rocks! It was a good time.

It was just after the Lillehammer games.
[/QUOTE] Great days!

Man, you should come and visit the best coast of Sweden some day!

And taste our sugary food, see the blonde women, wrestle a polar bear.. have a few expansice beers!

[/QUOTE]oh, i forgot to tell that i was living with 2 swedish girls, frida and tove, that later gave her room to my (not me, that was her name) for over 4 months until december, when they returned to sweden. wonderful girls, with the most strange pronouncing names. anyways, one thing i was amazed is that its actually quite warm in the summmer in sweden!! tove had pictures of her in the coast and the place looked quite beautiful. [img]smile.gif[/img] another thing that made me quite envious is seeing their monthly checks from the swedish govt paying for their studies! they basically covered all their expenses here in madrid... yes, even partying. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

oh, and there are loads of swedish here in madrid (i once came home and there was a gathering of 6 swedish girls in the living room... i almost died of joy [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). and there is actually a place where they throw swedish parties. i went once, but sadly i was too drunk so i dont remember any rared swedish party habits. oh, and the reason for this post. im probably going over there in march to visit. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2003, 03:41 PM   #24
WOLFGIR

Which town are you going to visit?

And if it isn´t to far away, give me a howler.

Old 01-31-2003, 03:50 PM   #25
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Yorick, i said that because Holland always seems to go down after penaltyshots, not just in football. It's getting kinda embarrasing. It has nothing to do with bad sportsmanship, it has everything to do with frustration over pro's who forget the basics of their sport, and choke time and time again in crunchtime.
True enough.. They are becoming better though, but the Dutch and penalties is just water and fire somehow.. Don't know why, don't know how, but I guess it all started when Marco van Basten missed his penalty against Denmark at the European Championships in 1992.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 01-31-2003, 04:10 PM   #26
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Yorick, i said that because Holland always seems to go down after penaltyshots, not just in football. It's getting kinda embarrasing. It has nothing to do with bad sportsmanship, it has everything to do with frustration over pro's who forget the basics of their sport, and choke time and time again in crunchtime.
True enough.. They are becoming better though, but the Dutch and penalties is just water and fire somehow.. Don't know why, don't know how, but I guess it all started when Marco van Basten missed his penalty against Denmark at the European Championships in 1992. [/QUOTE]Exactly, that misery has been going on for more than 12 years, i wonder how long this curse lasts.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:32 PM   #27
Link
Jack Burton

Heaven knows, johnny, heaven knows. All we can do is wait until Jomanda saves us once again from this vile evil that has beset us!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 01-31-2003, 04:45 PM   #28
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Do other countrys get pissed because the NHL steals there best players?

If Mike Modano went to Sweedish league for some reason I would be pretty pisssed..
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 01-31-2003, 05:07 PM   #29
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Do other countrys get pissed because the NHL steals there best players?

If Mike Modano went to Sweedish league for some reason I would be pretty pisssed..
Well you know.. these guys need to train somewhere hehehe

Only problem is that we don´t get that many of the games shown here on regualr TV.. :S I mean NHL is almost a secondary league for us.. :S