Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 12-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #1
Malthaussen
Manshoon

Default How are resistances expressed?

TSIA. I did a casual search on this topic, but didn't quickly find an answer, so I'll try the lazy way.

How are elemental resistances expressed for items in IWD2? That is, if a robe provides, say. 4 Fire resistance, what is that "4?" Points of damage? Percent? Percent X 10? If one wanted to create a robe that resisted 50% of Fire Damage, for example, how would that be expressed in DLTCEP?

-- Mal
Old 01-24-2018, 01:39 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: How are resistances expressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malthaussen View Post
TSIA. I did a casual search on this topic, but didn't quickly find an answer, so I'll try the lazy way.

How are elemental resistances expressed for items in IWD2? That is, if a robe provides, say. 4 Fire resistance, what is that "4?" Points of damage? Percent? Percent X 10? If one wanted to create a robe that resisted 50% of Fire Damage, for example, how would that be expressed in DLTCEP?

-- Mal
If I'm not mistaken, that would mean points of damage. So if you take 10 points of damage wearing that robe, you'll only receive 6.