Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2004, 02:44 PM   #21
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

One thing you didn't mention -- was she with you when you picked out the car in the first place? Did she have a chance to speak up about what she wanted before you signed for it? If she was there, and waited 3 weeks to start bitching, she sounds pretty shallow to me, and you might want to rethink this relationship. But if you totally surprised her with it, I'd cut her a little slack. Basically, I'd help her pick a good auto paint shop, or tell her she's free to trade it in, at her expense, for whatever will make her happy.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 07-05-2004, 05:08 PM   #22
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I bought my ex-wife a Jeep, once. She hated the color and traded it in, my expense. We were divorced before two years were gone, with me moved out long before that. Shallow, shallow, shallow...
Old 07-05-2004, 05:19 PM   #23
Animal
Gold Dragon

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

I already knew what I was going to do, but getting an extra opinion is always helpful.

It's not the first time, I've run into this situation before, but this one hurts a little.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:23 PM   #24
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

New or new to her? That's my question...though I'm thinking the former by your posts, Animal...gee wizz....

Anyway, what the hey, I'm gonna say something no one else has yet...just give it a little time...if it gets worse, well...ya know what has to be done...but she might just get used to it after a couple of weeks...maybe???

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-05-2004, 05:38 PM   #25
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
New or new to her? That's my question...though I'm thinking the former by your posts, Animal...gee wizz....

Anyway, what the hey, I'm gonna say something no one else has yet...just give it a little time...if it gets worse, well...ya know what has to be done...but she might just get used to it after a couple of weeks...maybe???
It was an '04 Ford SVT Cobra convertible. She had said how she always wanted a red convertible, so I just assumed.

Anyway, it's a moot point.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:56 PM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:

It was an '04 Ford SVT Cobra convertible. She had said how she always wanted a red convertible, so I just assumed.

Anyway, it's a moot point.
[/QUOTE]That's one beautiful car there Animal, and if she mentioned always wanting a red convertible, then that means you really did use thought into her gift, and IMO was a perfect choice. grrrrr.... I'd come up there and carjack her and give you back the car if I could, but I'm banned from Canada sooo...

On a serious note, hope you are doing OK about it all Animal *HUGS*

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-05-2004, 10:35 PM   #27
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

I think that your girlfriend is going to start expecting more stuff in an expensive way.
Hell, if my partner gave me a car I would probably pass out from shock, I wouldn't complain about the colour.
I think the best thing to do is to actually sit her down and talk things over with your partner, before you actually do anything drastic like break up with her.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-05-2004, 10:41 PM   #28
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Uh, I think we're a little late, guys. From the tone of his last post, Animal has already done what we all suggested. Sorry, bud, I hope you're doing ok.

BTW, damn sweet car, bro, did you get it back?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:00 AM   #29
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Drew, the perceptive one...and the pragmatic!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:36 AM   #30
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Animal... well you could just send it here also... I can use another car... we had number-coding schemes here... so there.

Well, that's a sweet car indeed... how on earth..?

I mean Animal, try doing that here... the girl will faint. Or turn white. It's that shocking. I am serious.

And yeah, get it back!