Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-13-2002, 09:39 AM   #11
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I got mine from the game Wizardry 7 it is one nasty monster at the endgame! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 09:50 AM   #12
MagiK

My online handle has been MagiK since 1987, that or HavoK
Both X-Men [img]smile.gif[/img] (errr to be PC X-Persons since magiK was female)

Old 11-13-2002, 09:55 AM   #13
Rokenn
Galvatron

Mine was my character name in EQ for three years. I played a bard on the Karana and Ayonae Ro servers.

The name itself belongs to a very minor character in a David Brin novel.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:12 AM   #14
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, too much ice cream at night for sure .... oh....
I thought you meant love handles. Sorry.

My BGI and II character. Also a D&D character I've played briefly a couple of times. His incarnations have been a Ranger all 3 times. In one incarnation he was a Lupus. I think it's a cool Ranger-name.

P.S. Last night he made burgers for Aerie, Imoen, Keldorn, Jaheira, and Nalia out of what was left of Balthazar.

[ 11-13-2002, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 11-13-2002, 10:16 AM   #15
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I got mine when I first went online, i used Morguerat as a permutation of my name, and just misspelled it when i signed up here, and have been too lazy to start over with the correct spelling.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:25 AM   #16
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Well first my name originated from the great game of marathon. It was just after pathways into darkness had come out and PC/Mac games were finally multiplayer playable over LANs because of Bungie's injinuity. Anyway, I was a very good player because I realized the use of mid-air tactics and I basicaly repositioned all of my keys so that I could automatically switch to the best weapons and could permanemntly run but my leaving my thumb on the 0 pad. Bungie pysics state that the faster you move when punching something the more damage dealt, and if done to the back of the head it is instant death. SO with almost a ninja-like stealthiness i'd run about this doom-esque FPS game and punch everyone in the back of the head before they knew i was comming in games that didn't have radar, I also was very cautiouse when it came to attacking them too, anyway, long story short, I got into some official LAN games with marathon 2 and eventually earned myslef the title of Deathkiller, which apparently was the name of a book by Spider Robinson about people who hook themselves up to their Virtual Reality sessions so long that they whither and die like the video game is a drug [img]tongue.gif[/img] Anyway... that name never really stuck with me as I started into Warcraft (and I don't mean Warcraft II) (yes I was about 9 by this time) anyway... I also loved this really nice futuristic B-movie type game that had "graphics" as we'd call them at the time, and invoulved heavy cursing and voilence that i'd never actually seen in a mac game before, there was even a giant red flashing sign that read: "F*** The World Biological Industies!" anyway, the gamew as pretty much set in a flooded apocolyptic future but it contained the first known referance of a gang of baddies known as "Cyber Punks" and you had to work for the futuristic Yakuza who had ties to german weapons facilities and boy some of the interesting devices like "Luft Mines" and "Schtufanenan Jeigur" were quite delectable [img]tongue.gif[/img] Anyway, this was also one of the first games that let you PICK the sound track that you wanted to listen to while going around in the fake 3D environemnt, and all the bands were just WERID, and since i was kind of into 80s metal at the time i decided to listen to a nice band on the disk caled "Deathkiller" and to be quite honest, all of their tracks ROCKED!! Though they didnt have words, if i could, i'd get my hands on some Jump Raven music today! though i doubt that's possible as the company that made it, Cyberflix, has sort of resorted to becoming a "Historacle" website...

ALRIGHT so there you have it, a spider robinson novel, a cool old games background music band, and a title given to the only person able to beat 5 other people who were 3+ times his age with nothing but his fists [img]smile.gif[/img]

AH but the story isn't over just yet!

For more bungie games came along, MYTH! and MYTH II! In those I had my first true ONLINE Gaming experiences, though I wasn't sure as to just what my name should be... I first decided i'd go with something neat like "Lain" or "The Big Man" or "Omnipedia" well as you can see im not too good with picking names... so then somehow, deep in my subconceouse, i got this bizare twisted word that surfaced...

Deathkiller. . .

and so that was the name I used, and then, seeing as Bungie.net was the oragin of ALL internet lingo, as the 1337 language started comming about everyone wanted l33t names so mine was immediatley changed to:

Î)Σå†/-/ƒ<Í‖ě®°

Those were interesting times, though I was usually just refered to as Death, then when bungie.net closed and the closest thing to gamespy that mac users had was GameRanger I went back to the same ol' Deathkiller, and I was still randomly called DK and Death...

Then In PSO i decided to get creative because how your name is typed determiends you section ID

So first I was I)eathkiller which got me a pinkal ID...

well anyway, late in the progress of version 2... I wanted to make a guy who was customized to have on nothing but ORANGE because orange was a rare color to run into... I had a Kapu Kapu mag from Chu Chu Rocket that looked like a mean orange pikachu-like cat with narly teeth, and I could give him an orange outfit with orange hair and an orange S-rank Wand, the most powerfull wand available in the game...

He turned out perfect, and it turned out other orange mags looked good on him too, lik the yellow-ish angel wings and stuff... well anyway, I also wanted his SECTION ID to match his outfit!

So of all the things I found out that /)eathkiller actually gives the ORAN ID

and it turns out that ORAN is the ID which is capable of finding powerfull Staves! Being a Force a powerfull staff was everything i coudl want, and I even ended up finding SEVERAL psycho wands, which are staves that booste ones magical abilites 2X what they originall are, even if it goes over the limit [img]tongue.gif[/img] SO when i signed up here, i dont know how but I felt that giving myself the name of my Magic user would be better than my android out of instinct, or something [img]tongue.gif[/img] + the /) kinda' looks like a scythe [img]tongue.gif[/img]

and that's about it folks!

Oh and on Oekaki boards today I go by the name Shinokorosha which liteterally means Deathkiller in Japanese.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:08 AM   #17
Lavindathar
Harper

Mine started when I came to IW, and I needed a good fantasy name to use! So, i sat on the register screen, and out it came. Just typed in Lavindathar. And there it was!
Old 11-13-2002, 11:14 AM   #18
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol, needed a name for my BG char, and I wanted an "elfishy" kinda name, and came up with it.. lol, when I logged onto IWs, it didnt seem enough tho, so I added "Dragonsbane" to it due to my disturbing habbit of Challegening dragons to single combat... and winnning... heh, the OTHER nicknames such as "Cal" were just ppl shortening it... "Calthy" was Lb's name for me, and it caught on with some of the female memembers I talk to.. CD is also a shortened version... "snugglebunny" is Kaltia's "pet" name for me... u happy now? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 11:20 AM   #19
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've always been Horatio on all the boards I've been on.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:20 AM   #20
purre
Banned

Cats purr.My cat purrs a lot.I sometimes call her purre.Thats where my nick originally came.