Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-07-2001, 12:43 AM   #1
Panther

I wanna ask you who already finished BG2, how much time it takes to end the game? I finished IWD in 1 month, and now I am wondering if BG2 is MUCH or LESS longer than IWD. I heard that normal play time for BG2 is something about 150-200 hours, is this true?

Thanks for your info.

Old 02-07-2001, 01:01 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I can't remember all of the details of the first time I finished, but I bought the game at the end of November, and I'm in the middle of my 5th/6th time through right now.
Old 02-07-2001, 01:06 PM   #3
Ziegfried

BG2 is fairly large than IWD. There are much things to do and quests to get you distracted. After you have finished the game for the first time, and you know what to do and where to go, it becomes a lot easier to finish the game, but it is still funny to finish it again and again with different character classes.

Old 02-07-2001, 02:30 PM   #4
Panther

You mean that you finished the game for 5 times just in 2 months? How much do you play? 12hours a day?

Old 02-07-2001, 02:49 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you decide to play ALL quest, see everything, take an occasional sun bath, talk to everyone, then the game is can be well over 150 hours.
The quickest time I have finished is in 2 days, skipped many quests (killed most dragons and liches though) and did it with an experienced party. However, I needed well over three days to catch up on my sleep afterwards.
If you are really pushing it and decide to cheat, you can also finish the game in about half an hour .....but that's out of the scope of this topic.
Old 02-07-2001, 03:41 PM   #6
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Sleep? What's that?

I played my first game with an Archer. My second game was with a Swashbuckler/Fighter. My third was with a created party, Cleric, Undead Hunter, Sorcerer, Assassin. My fourth was with a Fighter/Swashbuckler and a Kensai Mage. I am currently playing two games: one with a Fighter/Cleric and a second soloing a Necromancer/Thief.

The first time through took about 3 weeks. The next about 2 weeks. The fastest was the fourth game -- took about a week. Yes, the game gets progressively faster as you figure out where to go, when. I think I've completed most of the side quests by now. I have yet to construct Crom Faeyr and I have yet to kil Kagxx (sp?). So there are still many challenges ahead.

This is a great game with a long shelf life. Play it to the fullest.
Old 02-07-2001, 03:48 PM   #7
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

started in october 15th ended december 31st (i wanted to finish it this year)
WOW
just remem,ber i ain't good and i played mtwo parties simontaniously
why?
can't remember