Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #1
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Ok, I'm at chapter One The Finale.

Before I got here, Sharwyn (Bard Henchwoman) had studded leather armor+2, Sharwyn's shortbow+2, an amulet of strength, two rings, 10 heal potions and lots of other stuff. I gave Aribeth the final reagent and we got teleported to the ritual chamber. Now she has lost al items except for 5 cure serious wounds potions, her armor is now leather armor+1, her bow is degraded to +1 and her two-bladed sword (Uthgardt Champion sword or something) is now a regular +1 two-bladed sword !!! What is up with this? Why on earth did she downgrade like that???? I just lost 25000 gold pieces worth of healing potions! What a complete load of crap this game is !!!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:54 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Bioware screwed up when they made the original henchmen, and to make matters worse, instead of actual moving the henchman to the new chapter, they just created a new one according to your level. The effect was unnoticable originaly, but with the hak to allow henchman inventory control its possible to give the henchmen equipment that wont transfer.

This is all detailed in the readme for the relevant hak.

The same screw ups prevent SoU inventory control working with the original henchmen.

Having said that, her own equipment shouldn't have downgraded at all. She should have all of her own equpment still, or a better version of it. I bet bloody bioware screwed up. Ah well, cant expect them to create 100 henchemen (5 henchemen, 20 levels) and get them all right.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:18 PM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Having said that, her own equipment shouldn't have downgraded at all. She should have all of her own equpment still, or a better version of it. I bet bloody bioware screwed up. Ah well, cant expect them to create 100 henchemen (5 henchemen, 20 levels) and get them all right.
Ok, that explains her loss of equipment, but seriously, I double checked from a previous save I had and her shortbow, which started out at +2 went to a +1 !

This is by far the lousiest game bioware made to date...
Old 08-19-2003, 02:16 PM   #4
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Zuvio First you are getting upset with a very well know issue. Anyone that has used that hak has been there. That is also one of the reasons I do not use hak's. Also talk to her see if she can level up. You might of had her at a higher level when you finished Chapter 1 than she starts out by default in chapter 2. I bet she doe level up. Also watch her level up carefully. You will notice she fades in and out. AKA old character out new character with the same name back in. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 03:39 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
This is by far the lousiest game bioware made to date...
The henchmen as present in the original release work exactly the way bioware intended. Its just a shame the way bioware intended isnt good enough, and people have to use haks to get around some of the worst limitations.

But BG2 has its fair share of bugs, the difference is most of those are fixed by the third party mods instead of excarbated by them. BG2 out the box is far more glitched than NWN out the box.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:43 PM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Yeah, but it doesn't even make sense! Suppose you managed to get a grand weapon and armor for your henchman and he/she reaches level 5 or something. Then when you engage the next chapter, those items are missing and he/she loses a level of experience? How lame is that. I can see why it happens, cuz bioware didn't intend to let you fiddle with the henchman's inventory, so any items you gave her are erased, but still, weird thinking.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this game alot, its just weird from time to time.

P.S. is there a exp cap remover hak out there?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:57 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

You might be able to remove the XP cap, but its the level cap that counts and thats fairly hardcoded, no one Ive seen thinks its anywhere near possible to lift that. Still, HotU will raise the cap to level 40, which should be enough. Does anyone know if you can take two prestige classes at once?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:24 PM   #8
Animal
Gold Dragon

You can take to prestige classes in SoU, so I would think that HoU wouldn't be any different. I would imagine that there would have to be some sort of restriction on multi classing for game balance at high levels such as 40.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:42 PM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Does anyone know if you can take two prestige classes at once?
I've seen many people on the Bioware boards working on things like the 'Rogue/Assasin/Shadowdancer', so I guess it is possible [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote