Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-23-2001, 03:14 PM   #1
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

I have an oompah warlock with ancient lore trait , but no guilds offer to train me in his skill and not having it is costing me a fortune! how do i get it?
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 04:22 PM   #2
Mammawlin

FanPyre, I have a Wizard and a Priest who became Warlocks eventually - both are trained in Artifacts now. I can't remember what level they started being offered this training, but do remember it took a long time. It will be offered in the Wizard's guild and maybe in the Temple too. . . I know this isn't much help, so I hope someone wiser will help you out. Hang in there! I just wanted to answer because your thread had been here a while and I didn't want you to think you are being ignored. Wyv will probably give you a better answer when she sees your plea for help. In the meantime, God speed to you and your party.
Old 02-23-2001, 05:21 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You need to be level 3 in the Wizards or Priests guilds to get Artifacts.
Don't forget that sometimes when they are showing you the skills in which you can train that they continue on the "next screen". Click on the arrow if one is visable!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 06:13 PM   #4
Pascha

You get artifact in Pawn shop as well (level 3 I believe).
The easiest is the temple, first quest drop the potion to the toad & second quest pay 500 gold, then ancient lore & as follow up artifact is available.
You can join the temple if you take a relevant promotion quest out, Warlock for Wizz / Paladin for Warrior - join the temple & then you can cancel the promotion quest.
I try to get all my chars to join all guild as early as possible, allows you to get training there (since I like to start with plenty wizzards, I take one of 2 routes to get the Valeia guilds: Warlock to Temple, then Paladin to Armory / Samurai to Armory, then Paladin to Temple. And when I reach IN, I ensure that I can join the other two guilds quickly, so that I can all guild quests with all chars.
Check in the manual for the prerequisites to take out specific promotion quests.

As to save money id-ing stuff: always keep one of each stackable item (health potions, arrows, knives, ...), they auto-id if thrown into the right inventory (I still do that after I have artifact, to save time).
Also, if you id at armory/magic shop, id all items of one type at the same time, then you pay only one id-fee (put all bows into one inventory ....).
Hope this helps.