Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-06-2001, 09:13 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HELLO everyone! Yes, real life DID take our dear Bard away for a while. Just talked to him and he's been away from his computer for a few days. Traveling Bards do that sort of thing! He'll be back soon and sounds just GREAT! But then, he usually does.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-06-2001, 09:26 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
It's sad to think of it, but I think IW is dying, or at least going into a period of hibernation, a LARGE part of the oldies have dissapeared or left, most without trace, no newbies come to the GD forum, and even the others are dying, for example, when I first arrived the BG2 Bar in the BG2:SoA forum got 2 new pages each day, now it hardly gets more than 2 posts a day, when I arrived, the GD forum had 5 new topics added each hour and many more replies, it's partially because the oldies like Rudedawg who had such a delightful sense of humour and nice personalities who enticed people from the other forums to join have dissapeared, ever since RudeDawg/Perin Lighteyes, Wah, Kiwidoc and many, many others dissapeared, IW just hasn't been the same for me, if it dosen't get better, I might leave myself.
Now Neb! Easy there, dear. It's not so bad as all that! People come and go. It's the nature of message boards! Sometimes we post more, sometimes less. I've been posting much less than I used to in the old days. Sometimes there's nothing that really 'calls to me' on the board, sometimes I'm not online as much or somedays I just don't have anything worth saying. I think we all have that happen. You mention RudeDawg and Kiwi.. well both are posting again. Rudy had serious personal issues to deal with and Neb, that's just life, I'm afraid. Lots of us do things away from the boards that can keep us offline and not posting. Doesn't mean we don't still think about IW and the people here or that we won't be back one day, just that we can't be here all the time.

All is well, don't worry so much, dear! Come play someplace on the board and have fun!

CloudMama

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-07-2001, 12:39 AM   #23
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

look, people, I don't know where the "die down" crap come from

this has been the most wonderful online community I had ever known. I never cared anyone I met on the internet, but for this place, I made an exception. People are just so wonderful, caring, and understanding here.

sure, we fought, argued, flamed, cursed each other, but it only brought us closer, or to better understanding of the other's views. (and we should thank the webmaster and mods for their hard work and fairness)

people DO come and leave from time to time, but once they contributed part of their worldly experiences here, they became part of this place. and they shall always remain here not because they continuing post here, but because of they had touched others through their words, thoughts and emotions. what is really in your heart, can never leave.

in Yorick's case. we knew each other for a short time of half a year. and we had grown from enemies to best buddies. his character, insight and wisdom had opened a window in my mind, and brought me to a higher level of awareness of the world. I appreciate that so much. and that changes he had caused will always be part of who I am. and I believe everyone else has the similar experiences here. Yorick is away, but never left

I've left this place for about two months, and I thought I would never return, since I felt bored. then I found I was wrong, I was attracted by it, by the people here, and a strange sense of online community, funny huh?

the way to keep things alive here is: to contribute. by doing that, we can bring everyone together, just like many of our old members had been doing. keep it up, guys, we have a wonderful place to build!
Old 10-07-2001, 06:24 PM   #24
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

HELLO everyone! Yes, real life DID take our dear Bard away for a while. Just talked to him and he's been away from his computer for a few days. Traveling Bards do that sort of thing! He'll be back soon and sounds just GREAT! But then, he usually does.

Cloudy

Oh, GREAT! Thanks, Cloudy! I was a bit worried...

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-08-2001, 01:50 AM   #25
Rikard

oh come on i say this 2 times and when cloudy says it you believe her?

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-08-2001, 03:42 AM   #26
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hmmmm.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 10-08-2001, 03:46 AM   #27
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Hmmmm.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWW