Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 08:37 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Is it ever possible to get a new friend that is an enemy? for example if you walk up to a troll and say hi would it have a chance to be nice to you?

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:40 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

No. The character is either an enemy or a friend or a former friend turned to an enemy by you. The whole harrasment with the Ctrl key should prevent you from making enemies from friends by premature attacks. That's all.

AFAIK, there is only one place, where you can choose whether some character will be your enemies or friends - the Serpent Temple. If you join the temple and complete Kreug's task, then the Serpent Priests will behave friendly to you. If you refuse to join and if you kill Kreug then the priests will attack you.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:28 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

With a high level spellcaster you can use the "charm" spell on any creature. That way they will become friendly to you and not attack you. However, it does not mean that you can suddenly engage in conversations with them that you could not normally have. For example: once Shinwiki and the toads get angry with you, you can appease them, so they will not attack you. But his quest will be forever forfeit.

If you use the "summon creature" spells you will also summon a monster that is friendly to you.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Charm works on basic monsters (trolls, worgurs, bats, &tc.) even with low level casters. It can be really useful for a solo caster game when a gang of something uses the Mongolian Hordes Technique to overcome you.

Some combination of Charm and Mind Leech can simulate turning an enemy to a friend, but the actual thing was never built into this game.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #5
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Ya charm has gotten me out of a few sticky situations... but I don't know... never wanted them to be friendly anyways... after all their worth more exp. as enemies dead than friends alive... ;p
Old 09-21-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
Taski
The Magister

...another situation is, when some Rogues encounter. They sometimes ask you if u r willing to surrender. In that case, they will be your friends - but i dont know any who has surrendered to these stinky thieves
Old 09-22-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... I've never had them ask me to surrender. To surrender my gold, yes, but not to surrender.

That would be an interesting game twist, though...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:28 PM   #8
Eagle eye
Elminster

If you use the SCROLL OF CREATURES than you may end up with some wogur or bat friends you could use to your advantage.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:35 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Good point. I just tried a summon spell last weekend, and it was rather helpful. Having a fiend to draw off some attacks was useful... and the party got experience from the fiend's kills [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:05 AM   #10
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

what about scabban or his employees wouldn't they good friends?

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote