Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 01:42 AM   #11
the mighty stamar

divine divinity comes with beyond divinity in some packages,. for $10 thats a great deal.

divine divinity is really cool.
beyond divinity is a little like baldurs gate games
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #12
Dajjer
The Magister

Let me be the sole voice of dissent.

This games was so bad, there is no way I am picking up the real sequel to Divine Divinity. And I absolutely loved Divine Divinity one of my top 10 RPGS of all time. But the developers were so clueless in implementing this semi sequel I have absolutely no faith that they will get the real sequel to Divine Divinity right.

Okay in a nut shell, the game has you tethered to a sort of evil counterpart. Okay, thats different. While you and your counterpart have opposing beliefs, you both want to get out of the prison you are sentenced to. The design problem is that when either one of you die the game ends. And to make matters even tougher you can only control one of the counterparts. So while you are hacking away you counterpart might not be. Or at least trying as hard as you.

You want more. Well the magic system is weak in that it is extremely difficult to accquire spells. It's hard to explain but the magic system is a convulted mess.

You still want more. The game designers knew that the game world was too small for a player to be able to level up to an adequate level so they created this sort of extra level up battle ground. That is not a part of any story line. Its just there so you can fight monsters and level up. Might be good for some, but believe it or not a couple of the battle areas have no monsters.

If you need an RPG fix search the forums here for a freebie or play one of those free online RPGS but in this gamers mind, even a 10 dollar charge is way too much.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #13
the mighty stamar

i agree with you that divine divinity is a lot better than beyond divinity.

It even looks so much better i looked at both games at the same time and i would swear divine divinity is the sequel. its a lot longer and has a lot better stuff going on but beyond divinity is a way less advanced infinity engine type game.

but what i said is both games come in the same package. DD is on 3 cds and bd is on 2 also its much larger game its like 100 hours long and bd is more like 30 hrs long.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #14
Dajjer
The Magister

Just call me bitter becasue I bought BD when it came out and paid a lot more for it than 10 bucks.

Still, even free, it's not worth your time. I have this huge backload of unplayed games and I wasted about 30 hours on BD. So it's one of my current missions in life to let any who will listen, know how I felt about the game.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote