Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-26-2000, 06:37 AM   #1
Musashi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The two real questions in my mind after finnishing this game are; how do I become a Valkyrie and where is the first zen master book? I guess those "books of creation" are for becoming a zen master, but I managed to miss the first Also, it's almost impossible to become a zen master without finnishing the game first, isn't that stupid?

Andreas
Old 11-26-2000, 11:25 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats on finishing!

I think it was extremely disappointing to make two of the class ascentions only possible so very late in the game.
To become a Valkyrie - a FEMALE character has to place the heart of the lich in the black fire. When the female character that did this returns to the temple, she will be invited to become a Valkyrie.

Zen-Master - I believe I found the first tome/books of creation in the Serpent Temple. Couldn't tell you exactly where and I think it might be random or random within specific locations. Scronan would know, he's got lots of zenmasters!

Wyv
Old 11-28-2000, 07:11 PM   #3
Taskmaster

Do you miss the TOME OF FIRE ?

Me too....it is in the Serpent Temple, just before this elevator maze after killing the "priestess". You need the skeleton key, and the time you passed this door first you haven´t got it....so, walk back and get the book....my prob is: I HAVE ALL BOOKS, BUT HOW DO I BECOME A ZEN MASTER ????

Help plz, after i have finished the game, i wanna know this finally !

Old 11-28-2000, 09:10 PM   #4
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Yes Ukabu, you need for Tomes. Then say Shinwiki, walk into Bushi dojo!

Make sure give Tomes to other charcter before Master stop talking Ukabu. Get 6 Zenmasters.

You will kick butt, Ukabu.

Shinwiki
Old 11-29-2000, 04:09 AM   #5
Astyanax12

OK, here's a question. How did you know about using the Tomes to become a Zen Master, and frying the Heart to become a Valkyrie? I only know 'cos I read the board. But does anyone in the game actually tell you? How would anyone who doesn't read the board figure this out?

Old 11-29-2000, 10:26 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Good question, Astyanax!
I never heard anyone in the game reveal this information. I admit I stopped going to the tavern altogether. They over charge and their ale is awful! (and they never ever told me something I didn't already know - so what was the point of that?)

Except for replay value - I still am really puzzled why two character ascentions were made only possible near the very end of the game. There were also a number of quests that seemed rather out of sequence to me as well. Just one of the aspects of the game I wish they had refined/improved.

Wyv
Old 11-29-2000, 10:31 AM   #7
Serath
Manshoon

Mmmmmm......Ale

Serath
Old 11-29-2000, 03:36 PM   #8
mark

I agree with the quests being out of order and the late ascension is a bummer. Did anyone figure out that once you ascend from priest to monk that you stop getting new Vine spells? If I had known that I would have put more of an emphasis on vine magic in the beginning. Now I am almost done and my best Vine spell is a level 5. It seems that the game is designed to sell help books.

Old 11-29-2000, 11:00 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Mark,

No kidding on the Vine Spells. The 7th level Vine spells aren't all that useful; you can get by without them, but the 6th level Cure and Breath of Air are lifesavers; especially Breath of Air when you get to Collasium. Since Monks can learn Vine at 1/2 total skill level, you can still get 6th level Vine spells...but you have to have a skill level of 12! Mega expensive.

Alternative: change your Monk after a while to Warlock...s/he can start learning Vine again at normal level, and still maintain the Monk skills and Bushi guild membership.

Sazerac