Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2004, 04:27 AM   #1
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

ahhh i've posted 3 help requests in the last 2 days u must be thinking pretty poorly of me by now . When i reloaded my game 2 days ago ( computer wipe ) there was sumthing wrong with valeia. I can't get into the town hall it does not highlight and the name that appears at the bottom of the screen was gone ) hover ova armoury and it says Armoury at bottom ) and the same is with the gate to cemetery and the Wizard Shoppe. Which annoys coz i cant get quests and i had to go through the group of rogues(next to horse and chest) right during the first few mins of the game to get to the graveyard. Ne1 got ne ideas or should i just reinstall (WAAAAA!).
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:43 AM   #2
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Oh and 1 last thing i'm unpatched... Unpatched i say. Oh and i am blind coz i only just noticed that theirs a boogre axe on side of valeia armoury .
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Old 11-08-2004, 05:34 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

If I understand well then you had to reinstall the game after the "computer wiping". The problems you are describing are related to wrong video file uncompressing by the Virtual Dub program. You will need to try again. See the "Tech Tips" trait for details.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:38 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Radek's correct - that sounds like a virtual dub problem. The solution is explained in the Tech Tips thread. It's a simple fix so you should be back gaming very soon!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:41 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll make that a trio... review the Tech Tips thread for thing related to XP, and make sure you do them. This includes virtualdub, virtual memory, compatibility, and one other thing that escapes me (I think) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and since I've missed it.... Welcome to the boards, Pop 'n Fresh! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] May your journeys through the Gael Serran be the stuff that legends are made of.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:02 AM   #6
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

O...k.. then.. I found the thing ur on about in tech tips but it is all blasphemy but i'll figure it out and another thing i noticed is that it says W&W isn't compatible with windows XP which i just upgraded 2 so i'll have to figure sumthing i guess but n e thing else u might know would be much appreciated [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2004, 07:19 AM   #7
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I'm a fan of Win95 Compatability Mode:

Make a shortcut to deep6.exe on your desktop / wherever, rightclick, go

Properties --> Compatability --> Run this program in compatability mode for [ Windows 95 ].

Select the OS from the dropdown menu, but '95 seems to work best for me.

Good Luck!
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:00 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pop 'n Fresh:
O...k.. then.. I found the thing ur on about in tech tips but it is all blasphemy but i'll figure it out and another thing i noticed is that it says W&W isn't compatible with windows XP which i just upgraded 2 so i'll have to figure sumthing i guess but n e thing else u might know would be much appreciated [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The tips in the Tech Tips thread which cover Win2000 also work for WinXP. It is possible to get the game running with XP. Doing "compatability mode" does seem to help. W&W used to run very well on my old '98 machine but either emulating '95 or '98 should help.

Hope you get the game up and running soon!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:45 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Blasphemy? Where??? [img]smile.gif[/img]

For a long time, and perhaps still today, the Activision web site claimed that W&W was not compatible with Win2k. We've debunked that myth here for a long time, so if we've inadvertently said something in Tech Tips that makes you think it's not supported, I'd like to know where so we can correct it. Please let us know where you got that idea [img]smile.gif[/img]

As Wyv pointed out, the Win2k tips apply to XP as well. Follow those, and you should be in good shape.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote